Texas Hunting Forum

What do you wear?

Posted By: Deerhunter61

What do you wear? - 09/18/16 04:13 PM

Guys,

I'm curious about what you all wear when hunting in a box blind? Do you wear anything to help conceal yourself from being silhouetted by the deer? Camo? Black? Head and face covering? If so black or camo?

Thanks,
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 04:44 PM

Kinda depends on how far I am from game, bow I am more conscious of what I am wearing, 150 with a rifle not so concerned.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 05:20 PM

It helps to black out the rear windows of the blind, I have a curtain that is easy to move for a shot out the rear. The deer can see movement really easy with windows on both sides. I think making the blind dark inside helps. I have one blind that I will wear a face mask in because it is a bit close and the sun will light up my face in the evening.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 06:04 PM

If I plan on just hunting the blind dark clothes, black top jeans bottom. If I plan to walk and stalking camo. I also have curtains over Windows, wife made out of camo fabric, keeps sun out and concealed.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 06:13 PM

I don't think it matters in a box blind
Posted By: swmays

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 06:46 PM

I cover the opening behind me with a piece of siding and wear a camo hat, jacket and may include one of those camo net bavaclavas. Covering the opening behind me is necessary, the camo may or may not be.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 06:51 PM

Street clothes. Typically a t-shirt and shorts up until it gets below 50 or so. When it gets cold I wear insulated bibs and a coat. Usually not camo.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 07:14 PM

I have my blinds against some trees so the opportunity to be silouetted is minimized. Hoping to catch some deer unaware this year. I always wear camo whenever I go hunting in case I have to get out and stalk or if I want to change spots and coyote hunt or anything. Being prepared to whatever situation presents is the way to go for me.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 07:19 PM

rofl

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

Posted By: txshntr

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 07:32 PM

rofl
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 09:43 PM

I wear my hunting clothes whether I am in tree stand or bow blind.
Posted By: passthru

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 09:46 PM

I mainly bow hunt so if blind hunting I wear black shirt and baklava. I control shooting windows to allow least amount of light in. Rifle in a blind, usually in Missouri, I'm required to wear an orange vest and hat.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: What do you wear? - 09/18/16 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
I mainly bow hunt so if blind hunting I wear black shirt and baklava. I control shooting windows to allow least amount of light in. Rifle in a blind, usually in Missouri, I'm required to wear an orange vest and hat.

Does the baklava attract flies? Isn't it sticky to wear? I could never wear a baklava.
Posted By: tlk

Re: What do you wear? - 09/19/16 12:42 AM

I have been in a blind in south texas with nothing but shorts on - boots and socks off as well as shirt - when it is 90 degrees in Oct-Nov all I am worried about is staying cool
Posted By: Harrier

Re: What do you wear? - 09/19/16 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Originally Posted By: passthru

Does the baklava attract flies? Isn't it sticky to wear? I could never wear a baklava.

The stickiness is offset by its deliciousness.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: What do you wear? - 09/19/16 12:12 PM

Jeans and a coat if it's cold. If it's not, just a shirt. I sit in tripods, deer aren't any more nervous if I'm in camo or not. Guys that feel the need to wear camo and then get in a box blind crack me up. What's the point?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What do you wear? - 09/19/16 01:47 PM

I wear normal clothes in stands. Usually try to hang something in the rear window to keep from being silhouetted.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: What do you wear? - 09/19/16 02:00 PM

I don't think it matters much if you're 100-150 yards away from a feeder. Sometimes I wear camo because I've spent money on it over the years and it makes me feel like I'm trying harder clap
Posted By: redchevy

Re: What do you wear? - 09/19/16 02:15 PM

Best cammo at our place during fall/winter is carhart, blends in very well with the grass.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: What do you wear? - 09/19/16 03:01 PM

It depends on the temperature, if the wife and kids are with me(have to wear clothes), my buddies are there (have to wear my What happens at deer camp stays at deer camp T-shirt)) or if I'm out alone(clothing optional). roflmao
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: What do you wear? - 09/19/16 03:20 PM

Hunting from a stand I wear what keeps me comfortable. I'm not one who camo's out and will most likely be wearing jeans and any color shirt and maybe a light camo jacket if it's cold.
It's movement/scent that gives you away not the color of your clothing.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What do you wear? - 09/20/16 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
It helps to black out the rear windows of the blind, I have a curtain that is easy to move for a shot out the rear. The deer can see movement really easy with windows on both sides. I think making the blind dark inside helps. I have one blind that I will wear a face mask in because it is a bit close and the sun will light up my face in the evening.

This ^^^^^^^ I have the back windows covered or do not have any back windows in the blind. I wear regular clothes I wear everyday, jeans and green chambray shirt. Hide your silhouette and you will be fine.
Posted By: PMK

Re: What do you wear? - 09/20/16 03:20 PM

in a box blind ... clothing wise, whatever is comfortable, cargo shorts & t-shirt & cap for a while, then jeans & light jacket when it starts getting cooler. I try to limit movement like I was sitting outside (hunted like that for probably 40 years before having access to a box). Eyes sweep terrain with very little head movement. The new stand I just built, I blacked out the inside from the bottom of the windows to the roof and strategically placed fixed areas beside windows to minimize see thru side to side & front to back. I might use some of the camo netting over the back & side windows to reduce seeing inside more but easily moved for shooting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum