Texas Hunting Forum

need opinions

Posted By: 30ft jon boat

need opinions - 09/15/16 01:55 AM

i have a small lease that backs up to corps property.there is a housing development across the street i have been vandalized trespassed etc.etc.etc...last weekend i found two tree stands,two feeders and two cameras 1 at each end of the property[43 ACRES},i put the camera on the ladderstand with a note that said they are trespassing and if they didn't remove it i would..how long would you give them..... i know call the gw blah blah blah...i know i am 100% positive i am the only one with permission.so whats a feller to do
Posted By: HS2

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 06:45 AM

Not much you can do to keep them out other than the standard stuff: signs, fences, locks, frequent visits, and your own cameras set to catche them.

As to how long I'd give them to move their things, 4 weeks at most.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 11:22 AM

If I found that equipment I would confiscate it and leave a note to contact me if they want it back.

That way I can meet them face to face so I have all the info on them I need to turn into the game warden if needed. I would warn them this is their one chance they will get to recover their equipment and avoid prosecution.

Post up no trespassing signs and no hunting signs, notify GW of the illegal activity.
Posted By: PMK

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
If I found that equipment I would confiscate it and leave a note to contact me if they want it back.

That way I can meet them face to face so I have all the info on them I need to turn into the game warden if needed. I would warn them this is their one chance they will get to recover their equipment and avoid prosecution.

Post up no trespassing signs and no hunting signs, notify GW of the illegal activity.

I concur
Posted By: rickym

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

I concur

X2
Posted By: titan2232

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 01:08 PM

Set up a boobie trap 2cents
Posted By: therancher

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 01:09 PM

You are leasing the land right? It's not your property if that's so.

In that case you contact the landowner and ask him/her to take care of it. Who knows, they may be the culprit and leased the land to more than one person.

That's the first step. Give them a chance to deal with it since it's their tresspassing problem.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 01:27 PM

I agree with therancher. If you haven't talked to the property owner yet you need to.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
I agree with therancher. If you haven't talked to the property owner yet you need to.

I agree, make it the landowners problem. Tell them that other people have set up stands and are hunting on property that you leased exclusively from them.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 01:59 PM

Originally Posted By: titan2232
Set up a boobie trap 2cents

you mean boobie trap...
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 02:09 PM

A boobie trap will catch most men most of the time.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 02:10 PM

Yes. A BIG boobie trap
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 02:29 PM

I'd confiscate the equipment as Pitchfork said and leave a note attached to trees where taken from too. I would also notify the landowner of same. This way you have done both putting landowner on notice of issue and question if he has given others permission/lease on the exclusive as well as notice to the persons that put up stand/feeder/cameras.

Been there - done that and interestingly the guys came back on the property put up new stands which I confiscated again with second notes that will notify LEO. They never contacted me and never came back after losing ther stands a second time. That was 25+ years ago when the aircraft aluminum lean up stands first came out. Still using all 4 of them today.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: need opinions - 09/15/16 11:28 PM

I would first contact the LO and ask him if he knows anything about it. Then, I would take the equipment down and take it to the sheriffs office then tell them why you are leaving it with them. I would leave a note telling the trespasser's where they can pic the equipment up at and why it is there.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: need opinions - 09/16/16 12:46 AM

If you have fence posts, paint the top 8 inches purple.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum