Texas Hunting Forum

New Rules

Posted By: txwingnut

New Rules - 08/17/16 10:11 PM

Sadly, Lamar county isnt one of the counties with the Special Late Season. However, am I understanding the new 2016 rules right?

General Season: Nov. 5-Jan. 1 (Nov. 5-20, no antlerless permit required except on LAMPS or MLD property;
Nov. 21-Jan. 1, antlerless by LAMPS or MLD permit only - countywide);

Doe season isnt just Thanksgiving weekend this year but 5-20 Nov?
Posted By: rickym

Re: New Rules - 08/17/16 10:31 PM

You would be correct, many counties that had a 4 day doe season now have 16 day seasons and some counties that had no doe season now have a 4 day doe season

Re: New Rules - 08/17/16 10:44 PM

Good TPWD doesnt write in English I always get all messed up. Thanks!!!
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: New Rules - 08/17/16 11:55 PM

You have a doe season from Nov 5-20 only now. Not on thanksgiving weekend.

Re: New Rules - 08/19/16 06:35 PM

Its been my only real gripe with AR was there wasn't but 4 days for doe. This is a great improvement IMHO!
Posted By: Birdman7

Re: New Rules - 08/19/16 07:14 PM

Wanted to make sure others see it the way I do for Fannin County:

Antlerless Deer If permits have been issued for the harvest of antlerless deer, they must be attached to all antlerless deer harvested on the tract of land. Antlerless deer may be taken without permits from Thanksgiving Day through the Sunday immediately following Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26-29 (including United States Forest Service lands). At all other times November 7-25 and November 30 – January 3, antlerless deer may be taken by antlerless MLD permit or LAMPS permit only. On tracts of land for which LAMPS permits have been issued, no LAMPS permit is required for the harvest of antlerless deer during the archery-only or muzzleloader-only open season.

General Season: Nov. 5, 2016 - Jan. 1, 2017

So does that mean does are open Nov. 5th & 6th and Nov. 26-29

They specifically note the Nov. 26-29 but, nothing is really said about 5 & 6?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum