Texas Hunting Forum

How many game cameras do you own? (Poll)

Posted By: Texas Dan

How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/15/16 11:57 PM

I read an article recently that was written by a guy who commented that he owned more than 20 game cameras. You would think a guy who owned that many cameras would spend a lot of time spreading scent around in the woods, not to mention less time scouting for sign.

So then, how many game cameras do you currently own and use during the year?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 12:32 AM

Owned 2 and donated them to the lease and we bought 10 more. I don't pay much attention to them until everyone else gets over the giddiness. I just ordered another one from Cabela's for a water trough that I want to see what shows up. ninja
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 01:13 AM

I run 5
Posted By: txshntr

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 01:15 AM

I typically run 10-15, not sure how many I own though.
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 01:24 AM

I run 11. One at each feeder and one on the hog trap. Two of these are cellular which I love. Waking up each morning and looking through tons of photos on the phone. I don't think we add any scent by just checking them when we pull up in the truck to fill feeders. It's something my kids love doing with me as they name each buck for me. As far as sign....we are in Texas, the deer are by the feeders....here's your sign.
Posted By: deerhunter1956

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 01:39 AM

Just 1
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 01:42 AM

Posted By: redchevy

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 02:29 PM

currently running 3. Not sure how many I own that don't work bang Time to throw them away I guess.
Posted By: rickym

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 02:47 PM

I own 4 and am currently running 2, one at each feeder. Will get the other two(on trails) going next month
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 04:10 PM

Running 12 over 4 properties. Own about 15 working and some older units that holding on to trade in at Bass Pro in another year or 2 when time to make some replacements.
Posted By: PMK

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 04:44 PM

4 here, 2 in the field and 2 in my truck that I forgot to put up while out in Ozona last weekend bang
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 04:49 PM

Just two... One at each feeder. They get on my nerves most of the time. I don't see how some of y'all have so many.

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52
Just two... One at each feeder. They get on my nerves most of the time. I don't see how some of y'all have so many.

Oh, rest assured it's a constant comedy of errors whenever more than one person is involved. The 4 of us do pretty well at not taking it too seriously though.
Posted By: Deer Hound

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 06:05 PM

Running right at 40 cameras half are cellular average about 200-250 pics a night from them and then about 7500 a week from the tradition camera's. Im lucky I have a 13 year old daughter who grades thru them.
Posted By: PMK

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52

Oh, rest assured it's a constant comedy of errors whenever more than one person is involved. The 4 of us do pretty well at not taking it too seriously though.

totally agree ...

like leaving them in the back seat of the truck after making a 5.5 hour drive to work/fill feeders, only to realize it (in back seat) upon getting back home bang ...

OR getting them all set up and a month later when you go to check them again, only then realize you forgot to do the last step of turning them on bang .

the list could go on ...
Posted By: swmays

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 08:10 PM

I struggle to keep one running...
Posted By: JHeflinland

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 10:22 PM

I have 11 out right now. I probably own 20 of them but the ones that don't work are in a pile and I haven't thrown them away yet. I've been thinking about sending them in..

I run them from mid-July to the end of deer season. They all eventually quit working, and I figure if I take them down for the half the year I should be able to get twice the life out of them.

The flash has gone out on a few that I have out right now.

I run all moultries. And usually buy 2-4 replacements every year.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/16/16 10:36 PM

20+'er here. Have 15 scattered from here there and Oklahoma. Keep 5 in reserve and buy at least two annually.
Posted By: tlk

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/17/16 12:51 AM

well over 20 and it is a job = keeping up with them all running correctly, SD cards everywhere - and then trying to go through thousands of pictures - a big job,

but I will say it is the best management tool we have - we are able to track our deer from year to year to help determine age. We have made very few mistakes over the years on killing a buck before he was mature
Posted By: Ryan81

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/17/16 01:28 AM

I've got 5. Running 1 at home and about to put out a 2nd once I get a plot going.

Currently have 3 others running at the lease.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/17/16 11:26 AM

All your game cam are belong to us.

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/17/16 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: cameron00

scratch
Posted By: jim1961

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/17/16 01:57 PM

Too many!
Posted By: TooLow

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/17/16 01:57 PM

Yeah too many and most of them don't work worth a damn anymore!
Posted By: swmays

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/17/16 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00

Grab some coffee then get back to us...
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/17/16 03:17 PM

Zero! Don't use them.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/18/16 09:40 PM

I have three, two going. They're a constant battle. Don't have cell Service at my place, which I think is a blessing. No cell cameras would work. Looking at the pics is almost as enjoyable as hunting. Feels like Christmas each time I check the cards.

I think we all would admit that cameras are probably the best management tool to come down the pike in many years
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/18/16 10:12 PM

oh technology... we are all slaves.
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/18/16 10:29 PM

I have 5 running and two spares that are used as needed on crossing and trails.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/18/16 10:56 PM

I usually have 4 but I'm down to 2. I just today threw away an almost brand new WI and a Cuddeback that was less than a year old. JMO but IR cameras don't last as long as the old fashioned visible flash cameras.
Posted By: snoopy

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/19/16 12:14 AM

Own 7 but at most have 4 going at a time. Pics of the same rats, coons and rabbits is getting boring so may cut back to two.
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: How many game cameras do you own? (Poll) - 08/19/16 12:22 AM

None! Never used 'em! Just watched tracks & rubs coming & going from feeders & plots! Don't have anything against them, but I just liked the rush when something shows up and it's a surprize. Mrs. HnF felt the same way...... yingyang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum