Texas Hunting Forum

Deer stand base heights

Posted By: USMC89

Deer stand base heights - 07/10/16 04:15 PM

Building a few new stands for a place we got near Sheffield,tx west of Ozona. What height do Yall recommend for the stand bases, I was thinking 5' that should have my windows around 8'

Trying to build them to where I can turn them on their roofs to haul and not be over the 13'6" legal height and I can haul 2 at a time plus my side by side this way.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Deer stand base heights - 07/11/16 01:29 PM

4-6 foot should be good depending on your terrain. I have a place SW from Ozona and one of my stands is about 4 foot to the floor that works well with proper placement and lane clearing.
Posted By: USMC89

Re: Deer stand base heights - 07/11/16 04:49 PM

Ok I decided on 5' bases and 6 1/2' tall stands. That way I can still hail on a trailer standing up and be under the legal height
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Deer stand base heights - 07/11/16 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: USMC89
Ok I decided on 5' bases and 6 1/2' tall stands. That way I can still hail on a trailer standing up and be under the legal height

It's going to be a chore getting those suckers on and off the trailer and they'll catch a lot of wind hauling. I pre cut legs and used elevator brackets once I got it to my location. Lifting was easy with a little tow strap tension and x-braces after. 2cents
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Deer stand base heights - 07/11/16 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: titan2232

It's going to be a chore getting those suckers on and off the trailer and they'll catch a lot of wind hauling. I pre cut legs and used elevator brackets once I got it to my location. Lifting was easy with a little tow strap tension and x-braces after. 2cents

X2
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Deer stand base heights - 07/11/16 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
Originally Posted By: titan2232

X2

x3 those blinds will be like a sail in the wind. Chain and boomers to tie them down. Lots of them also.
Posted By: Dadsaid

Re: Deer stand base heights - 07/12/16 02:41 PM

I would definitely look into removable legs..
Posted By: ELKMTB

Re: Deer stand base heights - 07/12/16 07:28 PM

10 foot might be better depending on terrain and vegetation.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum