Texas Hunting Forum

needing some land cleared for food plot.

Posted By: Wreckem04

needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 04:09 PM

hey guys,

i'm looking to have about an acre+/- of land cleared for a food plot on my place in Oklahoma just west of Coalgate. the area isn't too think as you can see from the pick but it has locus brush and hack berry type trees. nothing over 6in think. can anyone refer me to someone in the area that does dozer work or have an idea as to what it will cost me?

Posted By: Stompy

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 06:04 PM

Dozer guy can easily do that in a couple of hours. Problem is finding someone to come out for just a couple of hours. Your probably going to have to find some more work for them like cutting sendero or fixing roads so they can make a day of it. Cost for a dozer for a day would be about $1000. If you only want to clear an acre and that's all, I would suggest renting a small piece of equipment and doing it yourself.

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 06:09 PM

thanks man! yeah i'm sure we could go bigger i'd really like to have a 3 acre plot! I'm really just looking for some contacts and possibly ball park
pricing!
Posted By: Rustler

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 06:11 PM

What Stompy said, x2.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 06:18 PM

I would suggest doing a 5 acre food plot, have him clear it off then when he's done clearing have him go back over it with the rippers on the dozer. 5 acres along with ripping should take about a day and cost around $1000.
Posted By: Western

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 07:01 PM

Call around, some guys have half day rates, I know one here and he will do those small jobs on the side. Still not cheap, but it gets the job done...As the fellas have already said though, if you can come up with a day's worth of work, more bang for your buck because when a good operator gets going, they can get a lot done.

Local area Landowners would be a good source, also the county AG office, maybe even the local hardware, or feed store can get you a few names to call. Also try calling the closest cement place, get names and burn up the phone.

From my experience, the size of the dozer often dictates the daily rate..
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 07:18 PM

Call or email your local NRCS office - they should have a list of local operators that do work within their scope of projects (meaning, people you can usually trust).

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 07:28 PM

much appreciated guys!
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/12/16 07:30 PM

yep, going rate for doxer work seems to be $1000 per day.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/13/16 01:51 PM

As slow as drilling has been, there oughta be dozers sitting around waiting for a job.
Posted By: Matt

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/16/16 03:09 PM

Ask a neighbor. My neighbor owns several large places that he runs cattle on. I asked if he was planning on doing any clearing near me that he let me know. I piggiebacked on a big job he had and it cost me much less sense the equipment was already in the area. Not a sure thing, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks!!
Matt

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/16/16 03:52 PM

thanks Matt
Posted By: TruTexican

Re: needing some land cleared for food plot. - 05/18/16 03:33 PM

Check PM
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum