Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case

Posted By: Hirogen

Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/01/16 02:11 AM

One heck of a buck:

Story of the legal battle can be read here:

http://outdooroverload.com/joe-franz-found-innocent-in-iowa-deer-baiting-case/
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/01/16 07:05 AM

Good deal. What is a mineral site anyway that needs to covered up? Can't you just dig it out of the ground or did they dump 1000 lbs of salt or something there?
Posted By: PMK

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/01/16 08:23 PM

I think I would be pursuing trespassing charges if I could ever find out who the sorry POC was that gave the anonymous tip that the mineral sites were uncovered!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/02/16 01:06 PM

I would hire an attorney and sue for damages. They should be ashamed of what they did to this guy and its outrages that they haven't returned the deer to him.
Posted By: throckmorton_hunter

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/02/16 08:35 PM

Let's get a name & e-mail for a IDNR contact and let them know how we feel !!!
Posted By: jdd912

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/09/16 02:22 AM

Geez what a screwed up deal, I understand he had to do what he had to do, but your dang right I would be suing some folks for attorney and court fees to try and buy my property back. Freaking ridiculous. Congrats to him on a huge buck.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/09/16 05:31 PM

Really stupid laws. A natural mineral site shouldn't have to be covered up. Deer will just dig back down too it, and they need those minerals. IDNR needs an overhaul.
Posted By: Blue Tick

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/09/16 06:14 PM

Thanks for the read. I vaguely remember hearing about the buck, but never all of this mess associated with it.
Posted By: cnwrobb

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/10/16 12:58 AM

FWIW How did he harvest this deer on October 14th? Iowa deer shotgun season doesn't start till 2nd week of December and if he used a muzzleloader as the pictures suggest, that season isn't until the last week of December. The trees in the background are green and fully leafed. Something doesn't look or feel right to me.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/10/16 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: cnwrobb
FWIW How did he harvest this deer on October 14th? Iowa deer shotgun season doesn't start till 2nd week of December and if he used a muzzleloader as the pictures suggest, that season isn't until the last week of December. The trees in the background are green and fully leafed. Something doesn't look or feel right to me.

Shows they have an early ML season confused2
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/Deer-Hunting
Posted By: cnwrobb

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/10/16 01:12 AM

Stxranchman

I stand corrected. Haven't hunted Iowa for a few years and was not aware of early ML season
Posted By: Justin T

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/10/16 01:56 AM

So let me get this straight, in Iowa, you can't hunt over a mineral block, but you can hunt over a food plot full of clover? I don't have a problem with either, but how in the hell can mineral be illegal if you can hunt over a food plot?
Posted By: passthru

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/10/16 01:58 AM

Damn Yankees aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.
Posted By: WestTexasGolfer

Re: Charges dropped in Joe Franz Buck case - 03/11/16 06:35 AM

that is insansely huge
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum