Texas Hunting Forum

Who's hunting this morning?

Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 02:05 PM

In out this morning. Killed a sow at daylight. Probably ended my morning but that's ok. Gonna give it another 30 minutes or so then go walk around a little
Posted By: rickym

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 02:09 PM

I wish. Good luck!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 02:12 PM

Not this morning but this afternoon.
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 02:37 PM

Got a little unexpected snow overnight. The scenery is pretty, but haven't seen anything yet. We have 5 more does to take off the property. I hope they cooperate. Good luck to those hunting.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 03:06 PM

Hunting in Stephens Co. Have not seen a deer the last 3 weekends. My Bubba saw a really nice 8 point yesterday morning. He smiled and waved at it.
Posted By: huntincoach

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 04:53 PM

Went out this morning. Saw three bucks in the young range.
Posted By: cerda12

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 05:08 PM

Saw 3 deer hauling butt. Never stopped to get a shot. Uncle had a young 6 point about 40ft in front of blind.
Posted By: TAT

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 05:36 PM

Wish I was. Best weather has been the last two weekends.
Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 05:43 PM

Found another pig on my way out.

Hit her in the hips going away and put her back end out of commission. She died soon after.

Bullet didn't exit so I dug it out. 168gr Barnes tsx from my .308. Traveled from the hips to in front of her shoulder.

Posted By: HEH

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Cow_doc.308
In out this morning. Killed a sow at daylight. Probably ended my morning but that's ok. Gonna give it another 30 minutes or so then go walk around a little

Same happened to me. Shot one and couldn't even see my crosshairs.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/09/16 06:14 PM

In blind at 7 and dead doe in the snow by 7:25. First one with daughter in blind with me. She had no teeth left.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: twinbubba
Hunting in Stephens Co. Have not seen a deer the last 3 weekends. My Bubba saw a really nice 8 point yesterday morning. He smiled and waved at it.

In Stephens Co as well. Nice 8 point at 9:00 yesterday as well, my buddy just groaned and waved as well. 10 minutes later shot a nice piggy! up
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 02:42 AM

In Eastland.......just cold to report.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 02:44 AM

Sat this evening and saw 4 bucks, 4 doe and 1 buck fawn. Nice evening just a bit breezy.
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 03:37 AM

Hunted this morning. Took my second doe for the year. Killed a buck opening week. I'm done til next season.
Posted By: PiePuncher

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 10:56 AM

I'm headed out this morning. It's going to be a cold one. I will be hunting from the ground in a ghillie with bow. .
Saw a ton of pigs yesterday but not one deer.
Good luck to anyone else headed out
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 11:39 AM

I'm out this morning. Trying to get my girlfriends daughter her first deer

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 12:24 PM

28°here north of Abilene. Not quite the 22° forecasted. And I'm ok with that.
Posted By: Ricochet83

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 12:28 PM

Out this morning. Live oak county sat yesterday with good deer movement all day just nothing but young ins running around. We got in a quail hunt yesterday about midday and 3 of us got limits in about an hour and a half. All in all great weekend with great company. See what this morning has in store!!! Good luck everyone

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 12:33 PM

Thanks. Yeah all we've seen are 4 young bucks. Some with good potential. The brutes are in the wheat fields I suppose. I'm just looking for spike n doe.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/10/16 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Sat this evening and saw 4 bucks, 4 doe and 1 buck fawn. Nice evening just a bit breezy.

Just moving to afternoon hunts now roflmao

Had decent activity this weekend up

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB

Just moving to afternoon hunts now roflmao

Had decent activity this weekend up

With just over an hour drive to my other place, I go when conditions are good. Evenings are better right now on that place for some reason. Will try in the morning though with a low near freezing in the forecast. Sat this afternoon again and had 5 bucks, 3 does and 2 fawns. Had a big boar come in just before dark and run the deer off, he won't do that anymore.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 02:05 PM

Out this mornin at family land in bell county. A nice cool mornin haven't seen anything gonna give it a while more then drive the 15 mins home and fry up some wild hog breakfast sausage and eggs food
Posted By: DeadRooster

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 07:45 PM

I was in the stand Sunday morning in San Saba county. Two young but nice bucks came out around 7:10 a.m. Both with a healthy amount of frozen frost still stuck to their backs.

Bagged a nice doe around 8:20, which ended our season (2 does for me, and a doe and a nice 8 pt buck for my missus).

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 08:22 PM

Sat this morning and it was overcast with 34 deg temps. Saw 2 bucks at daylight then 2 coyotes spooked them off. I called in one to 18 yards and ruined her day.
And this guy late yesterday evening. Found him this morning after he took a turn in tall broomweeds and grass.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 08:27 PM

That dogs been eatin good

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 08:28 PM

Hopefully corn buzzards and not little bobbys
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 08:28 PM

I shot a doe the morning of the ninth.

Said a prayer for the remaining deer in Duval Co. Sounded like WWIII began Saturday morning at first light.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

That yote had one of the best colored hides I have seen in a while and no mange spots. Just had a pretty good hole on the offside behind the shoulder. If it had not been for that huge hole I would have skinned it. The other coyote with this one was a bit larger and had more red color than this one. This pic is not the best, this was a pretty coyote.

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 08:46 PM

That yote had one of the best colored hides I have seen in a while and no mange spots. Just had a pretty good hole on the offside behind the shoulder. If it had not been for that huge hole I would have skinned it. The other coyote with this one was a bit larger and had more red color than this one. This pic is not the best, this was a pretty coyote.

Good Looking Sucker...and Healthy Sir up

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 10:35 PM

cheers

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/11/16 10:35 PM

I know you skint out that boar too peep

Re: Who's hunting this morning? - 01/12/16 12:15 AM

I know you skint out that boar too peep

roflmao