Texas Hunting Forum

Bell County whitetails

Posted By: kdkane1971

Bell County whitetails - 01/07/16 04:46 PM

Does anyone hunt in Bell County, or have knowledge of the type of whitetails I could expect from a lease in Bell County, Texas?

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/07/16 05:13 PM

Depends on where your at in Bell Co., some areas have really big heavy deer and others have small hill country deer type.
Post up where or PM me and I can give you some insight
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/07/16 05:17 PM

http://www.venadogrande.com/2015-2016-entries/

Good number if Bell County bucks on here. Should give you a better idea.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/07/16 08:21 PM

Lots of good deer in Bell county
Posted By: Espy

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/07/16 10:34 PM

I will be hunting Bell county this week trying to get a couple of doe for the freezer. depending where you are looking I-35 splits Bell county
They have different hunting rules for each side. have seen some nice deer in Bell county
Posted By: Zach S

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/08/16 02:13 AM

Problem with that contest is many people bring deer from outside Bell County and as long as they are officially scored in Bell then they can be entered. Three years in a row the same dad, son and daughter won and they were all South Texas deer.

That said, father and I have been hunting Bell county for 60+ years (combined) and there are good years and lean years. All this rain has really helped for sure.

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/08/16 02:49 AM

Boy your telling me about that contest! I got a 164" entered in it and I'm in 8th! Only 2 deer ahead of me that did not come from Deep South Texas. I really don't have that big of a problem with it though. It's a contest, and if you want to win a contest you should want to go up against the best I guess. Bell county has some good deer in it.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/08/16 01:14 PM

Thanks for the info fellas. I have not been up to look at the property yet, so I cannot say exactly where in Bell County it is located. I have seen some pics of deer taken in the past few years from this exact property, and they are high teens to 120" deer, therefore it's possible the property is in the more "Hill Country" type area.
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/10/16 12:24 PM

There's a couple of hunting ranches in southern Bell County, outside of Salado, one is Mustang Creek and I can't remember the other. I've seen some really good ones in the eastern section of BC. A lot of farmland but not a lot of deer, just bigger.

Re: Bell County whitetails - 01/10/16 05:31 PM

Mustang Creek is high fence.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum