Texas Hunting Forum

Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning

Posted By: Ricochet83

Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 12:32 PM

In the stand since 530 this morning and couldn't a sky for better hunting weather in southern live oak county. 39 degrees and o wind with a light and I mean very light push every now and again. Walked extra far to my stand this morning so I could make a nice doe estrus drag to the stand and set up my little battery powered scent spritzer about 40 yards away from the stand with some doe estrus. Trying the code blue platinum standing doe estrus this morning for the first time. We will see what she brings in.... Good luck to all those in the field this gorgeous morning!!!!!!
Posted By: huntincoach

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 12:42 PM

I had to crunch thru an icy road to my stand this morning. The quiet snow yesterday was great. 24° north of Abilene. Good luck
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 12:58 PM

I didn't expect snow this morning in jack county. Had no idea we got so much. 25* and everything is covered or dusted with snow. Really glad I made it out. I've always wanted to hunt the snow. Down side is, I had to scrape snow out of my stand this morning, and my hands were freezing.

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 12:59 PM

Yeah no snow down here but that would be an awesome experience for sure. Good luck guys.
Posted By: huntincoach

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 01:23 PM

One young 8 has arrived.
Posted By: Texican

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 01:26 PM

28* in Parker Co. Beautiful morning! No movement yet. Good luck everyone!
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 01:36 PM

I've come to hate those deer less as I've gotten older, which makes staying in bed on cold mornings a whole lot easier.

Stay warm and good luck.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 01:41 PM

It was 24 and calm and clear in clay county this am. Coyotes made a good long song around 6:45, but haven't seen any deer moving so far. Still on the early side.

Was crunchy getting this am. Kind of glad since the last two days have been so muddy.

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 02:00 PM

All I've seen is a young fork and 2 yearlings. Passed on a pack of pigs at first light in the hopes mr big gets up and heads on over plus I have already shot 4 pigs since Saturday morning and I am tired of cleaning pigs. Hopefully rest of the morning picks up so I don't regret that
Posted By: Western

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 02:03 PM

I bet late morning will be good for you fellas.

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 02:22 PM

Nothing moving yet.

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 02:24 PM

Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.
Posted By: banderabound

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 02:28 PM

These are my favorite threads...

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 03:21 PM

Seen a few doe and one decent buck. All passing through - didn't even stop for corn.

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 03:22 PM

Nice buck and a doe about 200 yards away. I think I havnt been seeing as many deer because they are silhouetting me. I'm basically hunting in an open stand 16ft up. That buck looked right at me from 200 yards away and trotted off into the brush.

I brought some camo burlap to fix it, but left it in the truck.

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 03:30 PM

Warming up here...sounds like it's pouring rain in the trees from all of the snow/ice falling.

Re: Man I am exited to be in the stand this morning - 12/29/15 04:02 PM

Still 25 here in jack county. All the puddles are frozen still.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum