Texas Hunting Forum

He is teasing me now

Posted By: Texas buckeye

He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 04:22 PM

This guy is just toying with me.not only is he showing up somewhat regularly in the am when I can't be there , he is now sleeping in the feed pen just to show how much cajones he has...

Earlier pic:
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 04:31 PM

Lol clap
Posted By: postoak

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 05:34 PM

Ha,ha. How old do you think he is? I'm always trying to learn more about aging. In this case, his beginning of a roman nose, thickish neck, and the way his neck matches the front of his sternum all point to age. But his long legs and uptucked belly argue otherwise. Still I would say at least 5 1/2.

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 05:45 PM

I think he is a pretty rutted down 4.5-5.5 yo. But that is just my opinion. Several people agreed with me when I posted some pics of him earlier last week, but some thought younger too.

I hope he continues his lazy days through this weekend and we can ground check him. Got get the weather to cooperate.
Posted By: Western

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 05:49 PM

Don't know why your upset, his feeder and you weren't invited grin

Actually, old buck is smart, no point chase'n wimmins, when you can wait in the grocery isle, I hear a lot of "pick ups" happen at the grocery store roflmao

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 06:12 PM

Western, he did his fair share of chasin this year, and last year too. Saw him all summer, all nocturnal of course, and then he vanished for the month of November. Last year I never saw him again until March, but this year he came back early December when all the rest of the deer started coming back.

He is worn down and hungry. As you can tell. His rump is really sad looking compared to the summer/early fall.
Posted By: Western

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 06:39 PM

Yes sir, he's been out doing what they do, "spreading the word" grin He may be tired and hungry enough to be haphazard enough for you to get a bead on him now.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 06:51 PM

3.5 is my guess. Thin neck, straight belly, straight back. Young face.. Still. Nice deer. Give him one more year at least
Posted By: jshouse

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 07:58 PM

Haha, good looking deer, good luck with him
Posted By: postoak

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse

The thing is, his neck ISN'T thin. And his face doesn't look that young either.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/24/15 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: postoak
Originally Posted By: jshouse

The thing is, his neck ISN'T thin. And his face doesn't look that young either.

Gland staining is running down the legs too.
Posted By: teamtigers34

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/25/15 04:20 AM

5.5 is my guess
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: He is teasing me now - 12/25/15 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: basspromaster
Lol clap
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum