Texas Hunting Forum

Drones for hunting /scouting ?????

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 04:31 AM

The place im on is fairly thick. Y'all's thought on using a drone to locate/scout for deer, hogs. Bedding areas, etc.

Is this unethical or over thinking technology.
Posted By: Trout3006

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 04:39 AM

I think it would be very ethical in order to find thinks such as open areas or draws. Also google maps does help.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 12:18 PM

It is a great scouting tool, no different then flying a helicopter survey. Only much quieter, less expensive and safer.

As far as driving deer to you or locating them during a hunt, there are a few states that have already outlawed that use and I do think your pushing the ethics side of things if you use them for this purpose.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 06:34 PM

I am thinking I need to build one that looks like a duck. That way when I blow my call and scare them off, I can bring them back in with something that looks real.
Posted By: don k

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 06:59 PM

I was going to say something but it is too close to Christmas.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 07:39 PM

What happened to just hunting?
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 07:43 PM

Just be careful doing it. They are illegal in New Mexico now for scouting and such because people were doing deer and elk drives with them.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
What happened to just hunting?

It went out the window with heated blinds and feeders. Not that I'm opposed to that.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/23/15 09:35 PM

Would have no problem using one to scout out new areas in the off season to get a general sense of layout. Then boots on the ground!
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/24/15 04:18 AM

To hunt for deer (or game animals)? It's unsportsmanlike, unethical, & ungentlemanly.

To spot hogs, perfectly fine.

IMHO.
Posted By: Bobby Frey

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/24/15 05:15 AM

I have a DJI Vision 2+, the streaming technology isn't HD yet so the realtime viewing isn't as good as you would hope. It's probably south of 480p. However it does take some cool pics and video of your property, showing all sorts of things you don't get with google maps.

Posted By: Dadsaid

Re: Drones for hunting /scouting ????? - 12/26/15 03:18 AM

Cool pic
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum