Texas Hunting Forum

talk about a beat up deer

Posted By: krazy kris

talk about a beat up deer - 12/23/15 01:13 AM

Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: talk about a beat up deer - 12/23/15 01:16 AM

Looks like he THOUGHT he was king of the hill, now his is just the prince.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: talk about a beat up deer - 12/23/15 01:18 AM

That dude's left side legs look jack'd up to me. He seems way too skinny, thinking he's injured pretty good; those legs like bowed at the knee joints but could be camera angle maybe.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: talk about a beat up deer - 12/23/15 02:09 AM

I think what you are seeing is the way the hair coat has grown. I have seen this in several bucks thru the years. I have seen in bucks in good to great body condition. The right front leg looks to have had a scare and old injury. He is walking while pic was taken causing moving blurry effect on him also I think. Also looks to have callused knees, which I have seen in bucks as young as 3 yrs old. It is mid-Dec so rutting and fighting would be expected to cause broken antlers.
Here are some pics of bucks with hair "striping" like this buck has. YOu can really see it on bucks in the full sun early or late in the day. I have seen with IR on a TC glowing off of the coat also on occassion. He looks like a normal rutted down Dec buck to me.

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: talk about a beat up deer - 12/23/15 03:12 AM

Been grooming with a ZTR, obviously!
Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Re: talk about a beat up deer - 12/23/15 07:31 PM

Fighting over girls will getcha everytime.....
Posted By: brushbuck

Re: talk about a beat up deer - 12/25/15 02:59 PM

Nice call STXR
Posted By: syncerus

Re: talk about a beat up deer - 12/25/15 06:44 PM

I really like the last photo. Very informative.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: talk about a beat up deer - 12/25/15 07:34 PM

Agree 100 % with STX.

Just see a rutted down buck. He will be on food sources soon (if not already). In fact, that buck has hardly any antler damage (one brow tine) to speak of. Don't see any visible scarring or wounds, but the camera angle doesn't provide much of view.

No doubt.... lost a lot of body weight, but that is typical.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum