Texas Hunting Forum

Going to hunt 5 days in a row

Posted By: TFF Caribou

Going to hunt 5 days in a row - 12/21/15 07:41 PM

First time in a couple years my schedule is going to let me hunt multiple days in a row (I just drive out an hour every time I hunt) well I have that opportunity this week.

If you were hunting 5 days in a row, would you do anything different? Wondering if I should dump some extra corn out, or go grab a bag of the mollasses attractant stuff.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Going to hunt 5 days in a row - 12/21/15 07:47 PM

I spread corn out in my road and in a clearing in a nice thicket in front of my blind. I also have a tailgate feeder I need to get setup on my ATV so I can just drive through and corn the road then hunt.
Posted By: Tenacious Hunter

Re: Going to hunt 5 days in a row - 12/21/15 07:47 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around 5 days off, let alone getting to hunt for days.. Lol
Posted By: SouthTXhunter07

Re: Going to hunt 5 days in a row - 12/21/15 08:18 PM

Unless your hunting all day I wouldn't just got out and spread a whole bunch of corn. If you only put out a little for each hunt, it keeps them coming in when your in the blind vs having them eat all day and night when you are not.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Going to hunt 5 days in a row - 12/21/15 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Tenacious Hunter
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around 5 days off, let alone getting to hunt for days.. Lol

Let me rephrase. Il l be out 5 times in 5 days. Yesterday, tonight, tomorrow morning, Wednesday morning and most of the day Thursday. I work every day. But am fitting it around my schedule.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum