Texas Hunting Forum

Buck Movement

Posted By: pearljam559

Buck Movement - 12/20/15 01:28 AM

Question...

Spent the afternoon in the blind and saw 3 does on the wheat field and at the feeder. About 5pm a Spike buck came out and started chasing the does. I decided to sneak out a little early and see if i could see any hogs or coyotes on the walk back to the truck. I walked about 200 yards and saw a Buck Courting a Doe in a low creek area. My Thought was.. well i guess the rut is still in full swing... walked about another 1/2 mile and saw two shadows exit the woods and come out in the open field i was walking in.. they got closer.. I knelled down to use a little bit of what light was left on the horizon and Saw each had a Huge Set of Antlers on them.. They were prob about 20-30 yards from me and stopped and scoped me out. I looked thru the scope, one was a big 8 point and the other was a big 10 point... They ended up trotting off.

My question is... Do bucks Run together when the rut is over?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Buck Movement - 12/20/15 01:37 AM

Do not see mature bucks group back up very often this early, but it could happen. My guess is there might have been a doe that you did not see since it is unusual for 2 older bucks to not run from you at that close of a distance.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum