Texas Hunting Forum

Deer with antlers stuck in tree

Posted By: DaveTexas

Deer with antlers stuck in tree - 12/15/15 08:58 PM

some guy in Blanco Texas walked up on this deer.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Deer with antlers stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:02 PM

Jshouse....you need to grow a lot of those trees/bushes!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Deer with horns stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:03 PM

Videos like that always aggravate me. If you want to help the deer, then help the deer, but don't walk up there and stress the hell out of him just for the sake of filming it. The deer could snap his skull jumping around just because somebody wants to take a picture.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Deer with horns stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:22 PM

some good and sharp tines there.

I agree though, put the phone down and help the buck. Take a 10 second video instead of the 1:09 video and save the last 59 seconds for helping. I fear it might have taken a hammer to get that guy out though, but maybe a quick lift did the trick.

Would be cool to see, and I bet that buck darted off as quick as can be...
Posted By: BOLT GUY

Re: Deer with horns stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Videos like that always aggravate me. If you want to help the deer, then help the deer, but don't walk up there and stress the hell out of him just for the sake of filming it. The deer could snap his skull jumping around just because somebody wants to take a picture.

X2
Posted By: kphilli66

Re: Deer with horns stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:37 PM

Looks like he meets AR.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Deer with horns stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:37 PM

Agreed. I am surprised it did not snap its neck or skull in before this guy started "helping" him.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Deer with antlers stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Jshouse....you need to grow a lot of those trees/bushes!

Ouch
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Deer with antlers stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:44 PM

My BIL and I found a young 4 point hung in the neighbors high fence and that sucker was going nuts. Jumped the fence, took my shirt off and covered his face while the BIL cut him free. Sucks I was on private property and we bent the neighbors fence a little, but hey we saved that deer's butt.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Deer with antlers stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:50 PM

I found one hung up in yaupon, only it's hips were wedged in it.. coyotes couldn't even get him out.
Posted By: TAT

Re: Deer with antlers stuck in tree - 12/15/15 09:56 PM

I found one that had jumped a fence and got caught up. Basically flipped and the barb wire was wrapped around his back leg horrible. He had been there a day or two. I cut the fence. He ran but not far. Could see the bone. I was in Dustin OK. Not much I could do. Let a person on the road know. I'm pretty sure they went and shot him. Seen a lot of crazy stuff while I was building powerlines. Had a turkey get stuck in my ranch hand replacement one time. Was going about 70. Pj sucked a bunch of stuff up!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Deer with antlers stuck in tree - 12/15/15 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: BOLT GUY

X2

X3

Had a buddy flying a helicopter survey on his ranch. They spotted a buck laying normally on the ground next to some Shinnery Oak. They flew back by him and noticed he had his antlers twisted in the Oaks. They found a spot to set down and walked over to the buck. He had not moved the whole time this was going on. He was dead. Setting up normal with his antlers twisted up in a not of oak limbs. He could not get out and died in that spot. crazy
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum