Texas Hunting Forum

Whats the most deer you have killed in a season?

Posted By: daniel1381

Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 01:24 PM

How many deer have you killed in one season??
I killed #4 last night a spike and I have 3 maybe 4 more spikes on camera which i can kill em all.. On a mld3
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 01:25 PM

peep
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 03:37 PM

2013 - 5 whitetail (Not MLD), 1 blackbuck, 1 axis, 1 Texas dall
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 03:45 PM

15ish
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 03:51 PM

26 in one weekend MLD
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 03:51 PM

3 and that was this year. I killed 2 13 or greater bucks in different counties and one cull spike. I might just burn another tag or two this weekend down in Bracketville.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
26 in one weekend MLD
I would love that be a part of a large deer quota hunt at some point. Seems like a lot of fun with moving targets haha. I'm assuming a lot of the deer were prob donated?

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 03:56 PM

Ranch I was on we cleaned and kept most the meat for guest to eat at dinners... would clean around 40-50 doe and 20-30 bucks a season.. along with a mess load of pigs
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 03:58 PM

Can't recall actual number but somewhere in the high 60's. MLD III.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 03:58 PM

1969, (3 total, 1 buck 2 does), Yes I realize that was long before some of you were even born. And there was a period of 5 years in a row that I hunted hard that I did not kill a deer. I would like for someone to start a survey asking that question. How many years have you passed on deer that you could have legally taken.

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 04:06 PM

every year
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 04:10 PM

Most I have shot in one year is about 6 or 7, my 5 tags (filled with does) and a couple MLD tags off a buddies place also with does.

Same buddy did the big mld doe hunts, he would burn a box of ammo a sit sometimes. I was supposed to go along with them, but it never panned out. crying
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
1969, (3 total, 1 buck 2 does), Yes I realize that was long before some of you were even born. And there was a period of 5 years in a row that I hunted hard that I did not kill a deer. I would like for someone to start a survey asking that question. How many years have you passed on deer that you could have legally taken.

Would be an interesting question. On my place, I've shot 3 bucks in 17 years that I wouldn't consider culls and another 3 that were culls. In the early years, I wouldn't allow does to be shot either.

However, I've helped cull on a high fenced place in the past and think I've taken as many as 20 does/culls in a weekend. Lots of the culls would have been trophies on my small low fence place. Donated all of the meat, so it went to a good home.
Posted By: Flags

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 04:54 PM

3. That is all the meat I need.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 05:33 PM

Two deer this season is the most. I old doe with the Bowtech in East Texas and my 8 point in Val Verde.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 05:35 PM

I've shot a combined 7 deer from two ranches during the past 15 years. 3 bucks from Terrell County and 1 buck in East Texas.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 06:29 PM

Most years I fill my 5 tags at our place, usually a spike and four does. At least one year was five does; three of the last 5 years have been trophy, spike, and three does.

Due to a good friend with an MLD place, I'm at 13 total so far this year. 10 of those were donated.

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Most years I fill my 5 tags at our place, usually a spike and four does. At least one year was five does; three of the last 5 years have been trophy, spike, and three does.

Due to a good friend with an MLD place, I'm at 13 total so far this year. 10 of those were donated.

peep
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/01/15 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
26 in one weekend MLD
I would love that be a part of a large deer quota hunt at some point. Seems like a lot of fun with moving targets haha. I'm assuming a lot of the deer were prob donated?

Be honest it was fun the first 8-9. Then became a little mundane I never got out of the truck except maybe 5 of those shots. And that's just because they where longer shots and I needed more contact. Let's just say that's the last mass MLD cull hunt I've done. I kept 5, then rest went to area ranch hands.

It's an eye opener on hunting whitetails, makes you realize rather quickly it's a very uneven playing feild when you want it to be. Ironically I could of shot 4 bucks in two days on that LF ranch that where 150-170.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 01:52 AM

Wow.. I thought i killed alot.. Lol
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 02:05 AM

I generally tag out on whitetail each year along with a few blackbuck and axis in the off season. I give away a few whitetails to friends.
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 03:08 AM

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 06:33 AM

5 with 4 of those on MLD. I'll be on an MLD hunt this weekend so we'll see. We need to shoot at least one doe and/or spike at each stand or makes someone's work harder later on. We have 145 permits. Low fence btw as 5 miles is bordered by a river. At my lease I will take only one doe a year and a 13+ inch older buck if it presents itself.
Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 12:35 PM

26 in one weekend MLD

It's not as fun as you think after awhile if your doing most of the work. Yea it's fun for a few but it changes quickly trust me.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 01:12 PM

Posted By: SingleShot85

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Auctioneer1
26 in one weekend MLD

It's not as fun as you think after awhile if your doing most of the work. Yea it's fun for a few but it changes quickly trust me.

15 in about 4 days..... day 1 comical, day 2 fun, day 3 ug, day 4 i to crawl in a hole and hide from the gut pile...........
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 04:52 PM

5 a couple of times when we needed to kill some does, but usually just 1.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 06:05 PM

8 I think. But not all in Texas.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Whats the most deer you have killed in a season? - 12/02/15 06:27 PM

geekfreak ~30+/-
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum