Texas Hunting Forum

Rattled up my first buck!

Posted By: billyhunt

Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 12:40 AM

First, I hope everybody got to see as many deer today as what was here. This morning got to see two of the regular 8's fight under my feeder. No shot on those two, too young. Was in the blind this evening at 4:00, decided hey try to rattle again, aint had any luck so far this year. Hit em for about a minute and a half, and saw horns above the tall grass coming straight to the blind at about 50 yds. This bad boy was wanting to fight, he came in so fast and was 20 yds from me like, blink. He would not stop for nothing, well he came in and left in about 2 minutes, gone. In about 5 minutes my feeder goes off, and 3 point spike comes in quick. To say the least that poor spike paid the price, the big buck was after him quick. The buck I rattled was one i aint never seen. A 12 pointer with split catchers. Theres always tomorrow!!!
Posted By: Espy

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 02:14 AM

sounds like a great day good luck on the 12

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 02:28 AM

Thanks Espy, was probably expecting pics. I wish, LOL!!
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 03:04 AM

Cool
Posted By: Western

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 10:17 AM

Rattling in a buck is thrilling, doesn't last long and doesn't always end in a kill, but thrilling none the less.

Exciting as calling in a bull elk, or a tom during Spring to me.
Posted By: MontagueMonsters

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 01:09 PM

Cool story
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 01:13 PM

So are you using real antlers or fake? And whats your method of rattling? I have never tried it but i have a set of fake antlers and real.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Rattling in a buck is thrilling, doesn't last long and doesn't always end in a kill, but thrilling none the less.

Exciting as calling in a bull elk, or a tom during Spring to me.

Open sights are your friend..... cheers
Posted By: Kenny Powers

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 02:57 PM

How come ya didn't shoot the 12?

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 03:20 PM

Daniel 1381 I use the flextone, I rattle for about a minute to minute half, like stx says he does, then use the grunt call, wait bout the same. Kenny, he would not stop, he was really looking for a fight.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Rattled up my first buck! - 11/30/15 04:59 PM

Gotcha i have the flextone black rack.. Will have to give it a go!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum