Texas Hunting Forum

Too much rain runoff

Posted By: allterrain

Too much rain runoff - 11/27/15 05:09 PM

Got to our place yesterday evening and went out to hand corn our bow stands and was worried about the low water crossing being too deep but was only 8 inches deep so we were relieved. This morning the creek was up and we were UNABLE to cross. Our option is to go into uncharted territory behind camp and go hand corn 2 areas so my son and I can go and sit in some brush and hope for a passing pig or deer that we would like to take, I am not expecting much but a challenge is interesting and sometimes rewarding.

Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/27/15 06:11 PM

what county is this? im at work but i think ill have the same problem in jack county tommorrow
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/27/15 06:48 PM

Good luck to you guys.
Posted By: deerslayer96

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/27/15 06:52 PM

We hunt in Coleman county. If the rain stays away from us, we will cross the creek this afternoon.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/27/15 08:12 PM

I just left my lease in red river county, it's under water.

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/27/15 08:15 PM

I have a v bottom aluminum boat here to cross the creek but if the rain continues ther is a chance that the creek will rise too high and become roaring rapids. We do not want to get caught across the creek and not be able to get back to camp. Really watching the weather closely to see if we can go to our main hunting areas but if not we still love to hunt and have the option of hunting on the camp side of the creek, we have already hand corned some areas today in the river bottoms. We have never hunted back there but lots of game trails and pig tracks.
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/27/15 09:34 PM

Find a good area and break away from the feeder. The quality of the hunting will surprise you.

Good luck!

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/28/15 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: TxAg
Find a good area and break away from the feeder. The quality of the hunting will surprise you.

Good luck!

Thanks, we have been hand corning and having some action at our bow stands but no shooters in the day time yet.

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/28/15 12:11 AM

Well folks it is officially a rain out for bow hunting, creek is slowly rising and all my clothes are wet now. I do have a hunting stand and feeder on this side of the creek but may call it quits and go home in the morning, I tried hard not to let mother nature beat me. Be back at it next weekend.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/28/15 12:23 AM

I hate ta hear it, but we do need the running water. I was rained outta my spot also...
Posted By: Geezer Ranger

Re: Too much rain runoff - 11/28/15 12:30 AM

Snow and ice West of Gainsville and South to Graham
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum