Texas Hunting Forum

So who will..........

Posted By: JCB

So who will.......... - 11/25/15 09:41 PM

...be skipping Thanksgiving with the family and be hunting instead?

I am at the lease already. Haven't had a family Thanksgiving the last couple of years since my grandparents have passed. Probably just cook up a midday feast tomorrow for me and whoever is here to join me and call it Thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: So who will.......... - 11/25/15 09:44 PM

I'll do both. Hunting in the morning, but at the family thanksgiving by 12
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: So who will.......... - 11/25/15 09:46 PM

Deer camp for the next 11 glorious days
Posted By: GLC

Re: So who will.......... - 11/25/15 09:53 PM

Heading out tonight wont be back till it either floods or I get me a couple of does.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: So who will.......... - 11/25/15 10:24 PM

Im in the stand now. Bud will be in tonight when he closes the plant down. Then hunt in the morning. And pig out about 1400 tomorrow.
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: So who will.......... - 11/25/15 10:28 PM

In the blind now and will hunt in the morning also, then turkey day grub and back at it again tomorrow afternoon. Father n law shot an old 9 pt this morning. Eating wheat in the food plot. Neck swoll and hocks were ripe.....should be a great next few days. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Posted By: JCB

Re: So who will.......... - 11/25/15 10:37 PM

I'm in blind as well. Wind is a killer though. Got my 3 pet Does in front of me but nothing else.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: So who will.......... - 11/25/15 11:30 PM

I will hunt in the morning, home early, not sure of the rest of the schedule.
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 01:14 AM

Wish I was there frown

Y'all have fun.
Posted By: RovingTexan

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 01:23 AM

I'll do both. Hunting in the morning, but at the family thanksgiving by 12

And back in the stand by 3.
Posted By: Western

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 01:34 AM

Wife has to work bang Daughter is house sitting, can you believe that chit? Not sure what the one son living close will do, probably go to a cousins in DFW area. I'll hunt tomorrow when I can and take care of the dogs...Wife said we eat over the weekend LOL
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 02:33 AM

Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday with the family. I just got back this afternoon after a few days hunting and will be headed back Friday morning.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52
Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday with the family. I just got back this afternoon after a few days hunting and will be headed back Friday morning.

Same here. Been out hunting for five days. Now back home for Thanksgiving. Then back hunting for three more days.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 03:55 AM

I had Thanksgiving Dinner today with my Mom and I am heading out in the morning for West Texas for Mule Deer.
Posted By: Kactuskiller

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 04:12 AM

Will be heading that way friday. How has yalls activity been? We are still very slow overall
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: JCB
I'm in blind as well. Wind is a killer though. Got my 3 pet Does in front of me but nothing else.

Good luck. My daughter and her BF are making dinner for me, then I'm playing guide for them hunting the Boerne place. Looks like rain all weekend.

Hope the wide one shows up for you. If my daughter gets the wide 8 this weekend, I guess I won't be getting a good WT this year. I'll have to wait until our axis grow out - or take a doe. May have to start hurting pigs at Blackwell.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 04:29 AM

Been at it since Saturday. Have to work stock in the morning, then after lunch at Skillets in Brownwood I'll be back in the stand tomorrow afternoon depending on the rain.
Posted By: kmkellar

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 05:36 AM

I was able to bring my family with me to the lease, so tomorrow morning I'll go hunting with my oldest boy and we'll do Thanksgiving dinner on the porch of the camphouse tomorrow afternoon. As this is the first year we've ever had our own lease, and I have the ability to not only bring my parents but have a camphouse to host them as well, I have a lot to be thankful for.
Posted By: Jkd106

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 03:11 PM

Lunch today on the road by 5 headed west!! Amen KmKellar
Posted By: Cast

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 03:56 PM

I love Thanksgiving and wouldn't miss it.

Life is hectic and I get so few chances to actually pause and count our blessings. The holiday season allows me to do that.

Thank you Jesus.
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 04:04 PM

Thanksgiving lunch with family then headed to the lease through Sunday evening.
Posted By: tlk

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 04:06 PM

heading south this afternoon after family lunch - very worried about the chances of rain though. If we get an inch or more on our ranch I am screwed - fingers crossed
Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 05:28 PM

Will be back at it starting Saturday until the following Sunday good luck guys and Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 11:38 PM

Thanksgiving IS my favorite holiday! And it's just not the same if I'm at the deer lease and not with family. BUT Friday....hum....there's a good chance I'll be in the stand Friday afternoon and Saturday.

Happy Thanksgiving All!
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 11:46 PM

Neither....working.....
Posted By: GLC

Re: So who will.......... - 11/26/15 11:59 PM

In Red River county you can only harvest does in rifle season from Thanksgiving day to Sunday after. So guess where I am.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: So who will.......... - 11/27/15 01:33 AM

Wish I was there.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: So who will.......... - 11/27/15 05:01 PM

fortunate to hunt on the family's place. Hunted yesterday morning and spent the rest of the day with the family.
Got to spend time with the family you have because you never know when you may not have the opportunity again.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: So who will.......... - 11/27/15 06:59 PM

Gettin' ready to head toward the Guadalupe for the evening hunt.
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: So who will.......... - 11/27/15 10:27 PM

Back in the blind in Taylor county. 33 degrees and light mist occasionally a sleet pellet here and there. Got a couple pieces of my wife's homemade fudge with walnuts and a thermos of hot chocolate. LIFE IS GOOD!
Posted By: Cast

Re: So who will.......... - 11/27/15 11:05 PM

Getting dark. You need a good bright scope.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum