Texas Hunting Forum

Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight

Posted By: HornSlayer

Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/25/15 02:14 PM

So this can up the other day. The regs say no artificial illumination, however these scopes and other digital scopes of the like have torches built in. I personally don't think it's a problem if you shoot during legal shooting time. What says you?
Posted By: blindcowboy

Re: Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/25/15 05:38 PM

I don't see a problem with it and I hope I'm right since I'm using the x-sight. I don't have the external light attached and only hunting during legal hunting hours.

Re: Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/26/15 01:41 PM

Well I know a few game wardens monitor this site and was hoping to get something a little more authoritative.
Posted By: notamtchance

Re: Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/26/15 05:33 PM

As long as it is legal shooting time\light you will be fine.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/26/15 06:15 PM

The photon doesn't run IR when in daylight mode. I keep mine in the deer stand, don't see any issue using it during legal shooting hours on deer. Now if the dang pigs would just show up after dark like they are supposed to...

Re: Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/27/15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: notamtchance
As long as it is legal shooting time\light you will be fine.

That's my thinking. I think the regulation needs to be changed because of technology has changed so much in the last year. On my pulsar and Resolute, the IR light is turned on and off as needed. So you get in the stand 1 hour before sunrise and basically view the wildlife with the IR on. Then just as the legal shooting time occurs you flip the switch on the IR off and pull the trigger in that order but not simultaneously. aim
Posted By: Tenacious Hunter

Re: Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/27/15 09:15 PM

Slightly off topic but I hadn't heard of these scopes.. The x-sight looks awesome but watching YouTube videos I seen a lot of misses, is the x-sight accurate?

Re: Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/29/15 04:50 AM

A Pulsar is a Digisight N750 - N850. A resolute is made by a form member Resolute Digital Night Vision
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Can you Deer hunt with a Photon or X-Sight - 11/29/15 04:57 AM

As long as you are shooting during legal shooting times you are fine.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum