Texas Hunting Forum

Parker County Rut Report

Posted By: Mal R Drake

Parker County Rut Report - 11/24/15 03:27 PM

Anyone having any luck in Parker County? I've seen some young ones chasing but I've yet to even see a mature buck during the day. All trail cam pics are at night on the big dogs. I read Field and Stream a lot and from their rut report it shows texas in the peak about to drop off and I really dont think that is accurate. I've been hunting morning and evening pretty hard and just not having much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/24/15 03:33 PM

Quote:
All trail cam pics are at night on the big dogs.

That's the norm for that county(IMO), lived there for years and welcome.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/24/15 04:39 PM

I think the rut is winding down in Bosque county to your south. I would think yours is too.
Posted By: lsbrim

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/24/15 08:00 PM

I hunt 2 places in Parker Co. I have had similar results, with young bucks giving chase and no sign of my Hit List Target! I would say we havent quite hit it yet.

I'd like to hear others that hunt out our direction chime in.
Posted By: JH117

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/24/15 11:19 PM

I hunt parker as well and I too have seen small bucks chasing but no mature bucks yet. Checked my trail cams yesterday and all the pics indicate that the does are by themselves.

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/24/15 11:54 PM

I've asked some older hunters that I know and they're under the impression the rut hasn't really started yet and usually doesn't until after the first 2 or 3 frosts. Which we had the first 2 this week. I hope they're right because I have 3 shooters on my place regularly according to cameras and they haven't been seen during shooting hours

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/25/15 12:16 AM

If it's already winding down I don't know how I missed it because I've been out here nearly every weekend and at lease 2 nights a week during the work week since the bow season opener. October was slow and I know it's because of the warm weather but November showed a lot of does all the time nearly every day and I've seen them chasin each other and I've seen little bucks searching and chasing a little. No legal bucks though nor my targets. I know they're out there I've had thousands of pictures
Posted By: Western

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/25/15 12:42 AM

Just because it is "rut" doesn't mean everyone is going to see a mature buck, I have seen bucks chasing for over 3 weeks one county North of you. Older bucks I have been seeing for 2 weeks. BTW, For most guys, even the does aren't all over feeders in N Texas and the bucks will be where the girl that is ready is. You miss 3 days of hunting and that is enough time for a doe to come in, get bred and back to normal.

I think you stand a better chance right after the full rut anyway, bucks will log more miles when in search mode.

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/25/15 01:52 AM

Thanks for the input, this is only my 3rd season deer hunting and I'm trying to tag my first trophy buck!

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/25/15 02:14 AM

It could happen anytime you go out and any time of day. I have seen a lot of buck activity around here in mid day.
Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/25/15 04:12 AM

I hunt in Palo Pinto County, adjacent to Parker County. I haven't seen any bucks while hunting yet, just does. My kids have taken two does.

I have several bucks on trail cameras, but none of them have appeared during daylight while I was hunting or on trail cams. I am going out tomorrow evening. Hoping that will be the day that everything changes.
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/25/15 04:27 AM

I'm a few miles north of Parker and haven't seen a lot of chasing. However, hunted a few miles east of Parker and saw tons of chasing. Just depends where the hot doe is.

Re: Parker County Rut Report - 11/25/15 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: KennyLee
I'm a few miles north of Parker and haven't seen a lot of chasing. However, hunted a few miles east of Parker and saw tons of chasing. Just depends where the hot doe is.

I think this is key this year so far. So much groceries right now, the does are spread out out pretty good. Does are hitting my feeder, but at night and not in normal numbers.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum