Texas Hunting Forum

Slow, humid and warm

Posted By: Ricochet83

Slow, humid and warm - 11/21/15 01:18 PM

No movement and humid as all get out on top of really warm here in southwest live oak county how bout y'all???
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Slow, humid and warm - 11/21/15 03:50 PM

Hot and humid in Goliad County also but I had deer in front of me till two coyotes strolled down the edge of the oats downwind behind me. So I had to open the door and lined them up in the road. Hit one and rolled it. That shot cleared out 12 deer at 7:12 with more deer probable going to come in later. I waited 30 minutes then got out and rattled in a young buck. Walked back to check the corn/oats at 8:30 and saw a doe with twins on corn. Front is just about here now so things will change.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Slow, humid and warm - 11/21/15 04:11 PM

front blew through Bastrop county earlier
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Slow, humid and warm - 11/21/15 04:23 PM

Just getting here right now. I chose the wrong blind this morning. bang
Posted By: Ricochet83

Re: Slow, humid and warm - 11/21/15 10:29 PM

Well back at it in live oak this morning hunted till 10 and saw about 30 Turkish ( hens) that's it. Conditions seemed good till about 11 then the wind picked up in live oak. Now in the stand dealing with 20-25 mph sustained. Hoping for something here in live oak this morning. Checked cams earlier and seems my worst fear has happened opening weekend a buddy and I shot 11 hogs from stands on Saturday cause they were pushing the deer out. Thought for sure we would at least scatter them abit that day but cams show otherwise. Seems I have some very aggressive hogs that make a game of letting the deer get a taste then running them off. Hope to at the very least get a pack out here tonight to thin some more out. We will see!!!! Either way beats do anything else.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum