Texas Hunting Forum

All Set for the Mule Deer Opener

Posted By: dkershen

All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/18/15 03:54 PM

We're all set for the mule deer opener this year up in the panhandle. Great rain and great forage should make for a super year. Have a couple rookie hunters coming in this year. Might steal this guys idea just to be safe... smile

Posted By: rifleman

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/18/15 03:56 PM

he rolls around a little that could read coon...then he's shot. grin
Posted By: kmartinusa

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/19/15 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
We're all set for the mule deer opener this year up in the panhandle. Great rain and great forage should make for a super year. Have a couple rookie hunters coming in this year. Might steal this guys idea just to be safe... smile

rofl
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/19/15 04:17 PM

Ranger was running good as of last week, got my .257 cleaned and my knife sharpened....should be good to go

Gonna get there on Saturday as opposed to Thursday to give the other hunters a head start....
Posted By: thecoach

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/19/15 04:36 PM

I've seen this in several places, sad part is he must be sexually confused!!!!!!!!!!!1 aim
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/19/15 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: thecoach
I've seen this in several places, sad part is he must be sexually confused!!!!!!!!!!!1 aim

The cow that was formerly known as bull is so brave!

She should get a bovine award
Posted By: dkershen

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/20/15 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: thecoach

The cow that was formerly known as bull is so brave!

She should get a bovine award

Yep. Oh so courageous.
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/20/15 08:53 PM

aimIf you see this on a deer, you know you're being disrespected! Cow sign is a good idea, all the cows around Austin are painted that way.
Posted By: dawson55

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/20/15 09:18 PM

We shouldn't need this but I am taking four kids with me in the morning. Yes 4 1 experienced, 1 young and learning, 1 not young but fairly new to hunting, the last one is a first timer. Should be interesting, hoping to at least see a deer. Public land to boot. Good luck to all.
Posted By: Waterfowl Widowmaker

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/20/15 10:52 PM

I'll be out and about chasing the elusive grey ghost tomorrow. Dawson County. Nothing special on camera.

Actually in the field right now staring at 3 does and a young buck sitting in the shade. Young little 6 that has one side broke off. Second year in a row I've seen a young buck with one side broke off. I'm hoping that means there's a big boy in the area that's been laying down the law. Had a good one on camera last year that disappeared right before the opener.

Dawson, I have a feeling I know where you're hunting. It should look like a pumpkin patch tomorrow. Fun nonetheless!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and be safe!
Posted By: dawson55

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/21/15 02:04 AM

We went to the spot we are going in the morning. Seen 3 bucks and 5 does. Any and all bucks are in trouble in the morning.
Posted By: Herron

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/21/15 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: dkershen

Best eatin deer I've ever tried looked just like him. Wasn't registered, though, so it wasn't like he a pet or anything.
Posted By: Herron

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/21/15 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: dawson55
We shouldn't need this but I am taking four kids with me in the morning. Yes 4 1 experienced, 1 young and learning, 1 not young but fairly new to hunting, the last one is a first timer. Should be interesting, hoping to at least see a deer. Public land to boot. Good luck to all.

That right there is the definition of courage AND perseverance. Best wishes to you, sir!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: All Set for the Mule Deer Opener - 11/21/15 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: dawson55

Brave, brave dad. And probably much more easy going than I was. Good hunting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum