Texas Hunting Forum

Eastland County, Gorman area info

Posted By: TxDispatcher

Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/18/15 08:22 AM

I've been invited to join a friend at his family's property this coming weekend in Gorman, and wondered if anyone could get me up to speed on the deer movement this year. As well as what to expect quality wise. I've been given the green light to shoot whatever flips my switch, but I don't want to shoot something and find out that there are better quality bucks around that area, nor do I want to pass on deer and find out that I passed on quality deer for that area grin I'm not real confident in his assessment of the quality of deer there, I don't believe he's hunted very long and is fairly new to it all. So I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable or stupid by asking him questions, nor do I want to look clueless either grin

Anyone in that area that can shed some light on the movement/activity rut wise, chime in as well. I appreciate the info up
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/18/15 10:03 AM

I hunted outside Gorman, TX last weekend. I had a great time. I'd say pull the trigger on anything 125 or bigger........ aim It was my 1st time in the area, but not my last.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/18/15 02:41 PM

I hunt 10 miles north of Gorman. Take anything 125 and up but remember it is an AR country. Rattled a buck in opening weekend and small one came to horns last weekend, so with this cold weather I think the bucks will be moving. Here is the one that was rattled in by my wife for me. I don't have a clue if it might score 130 or more , but it is a nice 10pt for me. Oh, ours is a small place, 77 acres.
Posted By: Bambislayer17

Re: Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/18/15 05:46 PM

I agree with the other posts, are lease just east of Gorman. Last few years are best bucks have scored 125-130. Bucks have been chasing does pretty steady lately. Kinda on the tail end of the rut though. Just got to be at the right spot and who knows...

Re: Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/18/15 05:47 PM

Very nice, Mr. T up I'll take his twin grin

I figured 125-130 would be what I was looking for, just didn't want to be off my 15-20 inches and kick myself if I shot a 125 and a 140-150 stepped out loco_too haha

All it's gonna cost me to enjoy the weekend is to help him replace a feeder in one spot, and I'm supplying the spinner kit for that. I've told him about my luck with All Seasons surviving being underwater, and told him I would pick one up to replace his that has failed. Hoping this opens the door for a lasting relationship on the hunting front. His wife and my wife are great friends and introduced us, and he hates going out there by himself. So wish me luck on the weekend, and on the hunting partnership up I'd love to be able to help him get his setups running smoothly and get everything flowing well, and have an additional place for our families the hang out

Re: Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/18/15 05:49 PM

And thanks CSH and BambiSlayer17 as well cheers I appreciate the feedback up

Nice bucks, Slayer up
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/18/15 06:46 PM

Personally, I've never seen a 140 where I hunt. Not even on camera.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/18/15 06:50 PM

The bucks in my dog line came from not far from Gorman.

Re: Eastland County, Gorman area info - 11/22/15 06:04 PM

Thanks for the replies, gentleman cheers just to let y'all know how the weekend went...my buddy was happy for me, this turned out to be the only buck we saw all weekend

I climbed in the stand in at 3:30 in the afternoon Saturday, with the wind still whipping pretty dang good. I wasn't expecting any action till closer to dark when the wind was projected to die down. At 3:37, this buck busted across the field, headed straight into the wind. I can only assume he was looking for love grin instead of love, he found a 30-30 160 gr Hornady LeveRevolution and didn't make it out of the clearing rifle
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum