Texas Hunting Forum

Rattling in a box blind

Posted By: Swamped

Rattling in a box blind - 11/14/15 12:29 AM

I was just wondering how most people rattle in a box blind. Windows open? Does it draw too much attention to the blind its self? Also what if there are does and or small bucks under your feeder I would assume it would run them off. Going to try it for my first time this weekend. Thanks Zack
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Rattling in a box blind - 11/14/15 12:57 AM

If I rattle from a box blind I will either open the door and rattle outside the door then step back in or stick the antlers out the window and rattle outside the window. Both are a bit difficult but I found that the sound carries better. I have rattle with deer around and they will either keep eating or grazing or the bucks run towards the rattling. Very seldom do they run from the rattling unless they are really close to you. Are you in a ground blind or tower blind?
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Rattling in a box blind - 11/14/15 01:08 AM

I rattle with the windows open, arms low. When I've had bucks come in they are always focused on the blind. If your setups are close in, it can make for an awkward moment.
Posted By: Swamped

Re: Rattling in a box blind - 11/14/15 02:29 AM

my blind is elavated five feet off the ground, my feeder is about 80 yrds away.I didnt think about the back door thats a good idea.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum