Texas Hunting Forum

The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County

Posted By: Mr. T.

The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 09:30 PM

This is a very long story, but I'm going to make it short. My wife and I have been hunting for the last 3 days south of Eastland. Only seen 1 doe and a 4 pt and 6 pt. We hunt together in the same stand. At 8:30 this morning she said, "I can't hold it any longer. I have to potty." She climbed down but said, give me those horns, I'm going to try to rattle." She has never done that before. She potted right under our stand, and I thought, "good grief, you have got to be kidding me, this hunt is over for sure." She started hitting the horns together. With-in 30 seconds, I saw a buck running at full speed across a field about 300 yards away. It headed straight for her and stopped about 10 yards away. But she was looking the other way and did not see the buck and because of the trees I could not get a shot. She stood up and started climbing back up the ladder to the stand when I leaned out and said, "sit back down and hit them again." The buck had circled to get down wind of her but when she hit the horns again, it stepped out at about 60 yards. The rest is history as they say. But I have to say, what a great memory we will have together for the rest of our lives. It was the biggest buck that we have seen on our place. As I have said on here many times before, I love my wife. A little more after today!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Randallc

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 09:33 PM

clap
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 09:33 PM

Priceless! Nice buck and funny story!
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 09:37 PM

Way to go Mr. T. and Mrs.T. up Well she had to go and he went. LOL Awesome buck!!!
Posted By: redchevy

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 09:47 PM

That's teamwork! cheers

Congrats
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 10:40 PM

Congrats cheers
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 10:41 PM

Awesome teamwork! cheers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 11:22 PM

Outstanding buck. Congrats to you and Mrs. T. What a great memory to share. cheers
Posted By: wtr

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/09/15 11:56 PM

cheers
Posted By: KennyLee

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 12:28 AM

Nice buck.

Now, how many of you are gonna try a new "scent" next hunt?......
Posted By: rattler03

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 12:39 AM

nice teamwork and a nice buck. way to go up
Posted By: Tye

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 01:14 AM

Congrats! The bucks were in full rut at my place. Every doe I saw was being chased. I asked my daughter, who was sitting with me, we she has ever seen one grunted up? She said no. I said watch this. I hit the grunt call and had a 3.5 yo 8 run in from 150 yards right to the blind. She thought that was the coolest thing.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 01:16 AM

Congrats! That is a trophy buck hunt in more ways than one. It is a hunt you both will remember forever. cheers
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 01:39 AM

Great deer, great story!
Posted By: huntwest

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 01:53 AM

Dang Tommy that's a great buck.
Posted By: MontagueMonsters

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 02:06 AM

Congrats, awesome story too!!!
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 02:15 AM

I grunted up 2 bucks this past weekend. They both came in on a rope. Can I borrow your wife this weekend? The least you could do for me....after all, I gave you all of the restaurant advice I had.

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 04:29 PM

It is a great memory for us. One we will cherish for many years to come. I'm thinking of bottling this new "deer attractor scent," and selling it for $99.99. But wait....order now and get a free set of rattling horns, just pay separate shipping and handling. You too can kill the biggest buck in the county!!!! Don't wait, supplies are limited. Any of you want to place an order before the supply runs out.
Posted By: Western

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 04:39 PM

WOW, great looking buck ! and great read Mr T!! That buck has a unique set of antler and the story to go with it for years up You "hired" the right guide brudda!!

BTW, do you loan the wife out, need some extra luck in Wise County grin

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 04:56 PM

I don't have a problem with loaning her out. The food was good, thanks for the recommendations. But she said that her technique is private and that she does not want to share her secrete.
Posted By: Western

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 04:59 PM

rofl Mark of a good guide Mr T! You may not like it very long though, the price may go waaay up now.
Posted By: tbone76

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 05:29 PM

Awesome story and awesome deer. Couldn't have happened to a better couple either. Congrats!
Posted By: JH117

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 07:59 PM

Wow....that is an awesome story. Congrats!
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 08:05 PM

Very nice, great story
Posted By: Reata

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 08:44 PM

Great story and love that heavy antlered buck!
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/10/15 09:42 PM

Darn nice buck. Congratulations. Extra, extra special that mrs. T was with you and y'all killed it on your own place. up

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/11/15 04:36 PM

I know that most do not have the opportunity to kill a buck on their own property, but it really feels good to see all of your hard work pay off. My place is not big at all...77 acres, but we love it.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: The Rut and The Rattle in Eastland County - 11/12/15 09:20 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum