Texas Hunting Forum

'It is a serious rut.

Posted By: don k

'It is a serious rut. - 11/09/15 09:02 PM

I don't believe I have seen a rut like this in many a year. This morning out working on fence I saw at least 6 Bucks after Does. I just got back to the house and about 30 minutes ago I saw 4 Bucks after the same Doe. None paid any attention to me and I was within 50 yards of them when they came running by.
Posted By: texashelms

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/09/15 09:12 PM

Well you try going a year without some tail and let's see what you really care about. lol Good to hear I'm ready to see it for myself. nuts
Posted By: KG68

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/09/15 09:47 PM

The serious chasing began here last week. I haven't seen the old tongue out give it all run'em down rut yet but it's close. About a week earlier than normal.
Posted By: Jack75206

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/09/15 09:49 PM

Was that in Bandera?
Posted By: texassippi

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/10/15 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: texashelms
Well you try going a year without some tail and let's see what you really care about. lol Good to hear I'm ready to see it for myself. nuts

roflmao
Posted By: therancher

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/10/15 03:02 AM

I was hoping someone else was seeing this.

We had it start last week as well. I thought it was a fluke then. But today, it's as hard as I've ever seen a rut. Saw tons of bucks slingin slobber chasing does. All the way back to the ranch from kerrville.

At this rate the major rut will be over by thanksgiving. I have NEVER seen full on rut this early here.
Posted By: don k

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/10/15 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher

We had it start last week as well. I thought it was a fluke then. But today, it's as hard as I've ever seen a rut. Saw tons of bucks slingin slobber chasing does. All the way back to the ranch from kerrville.

At this rate the major rut will be over by thanksgiving. I have NEVER seen full on rut this early here.
Neither have I. Yesterday afternoon I sat at a feeder " LF for the purest" and saw 4 Bucks after a doe. Running her so hard all 5 had their mouths open and tongues hanging out. Only had a fork horn come to the feeder. Not a single Doe or spike which is what I was after.
Posted By: HarperDeer

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/10/15 01:56 PM

Leaving the ranch yesterday there was a buck bedded with a hot doe in the middle of a wide open field. Another buck came charging in as I drove by but they didn't run off. Then a little over an hour later I saw the same thing near Marble Falls. Crazy
Posted By: therancher

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/10/15 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
Originally Posted By: therancher

Neither have I. Yesterday afternoon I sat at a feeder " LF for the purest" and saw 4 Bucks after a doe. Running her so hard all 5 had their mouths open and tongues hanging out. Only had a fork horn come to the feeder. Not a single Doe or spike which is what I was after.

I anticipate some early fawning this next year.

So much for that malarkey that biologists try to pass off about the rut being triggered by length of the day. That is a fixed regimen each year.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/10/15 04:03 PM

It's that early full moon we had last month - kicked 'em into overdrive early.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/10/15 04:08 PM

While we were hunting down south last weekend my mom texted me that there was a nice 8pt running a doe in circles in their back yard, they live in a subdivision with fenced yards on 1/2-1 acre lots. That was Guadalupe co.
Posted By: rob valle

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/10/15 10:03 PM

Roger that.....rut is in full swing in Bandera Co. Saw three whoppers this morning all chasing does....also three dead bucks on 1283 and Hwy 16 that were hit by cars.
Posted By: D-Day

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/11/15 02:19 PM

Lots of activity in Hopkins County on Saturday and Sunday. Rut kicked in b/w Youth weekend and Nov 7th.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/11/15 02:47 PM

Running a little Late here in Eastland Co. Watched small 4pt breed a doe this am then small 8 chased another doe past the tripod at less than 10 yards. Saw a mature buck with a doe driving in this morning
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/11/15 04:54 PM

Good to hear, but I'm not seeing it in my area. Saw three does out and about without any bucks around yesterday.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/11/15 05:14 PM

Not much yet on the Rolling Plains (SE Panhandle) I suspect next week and the week of Thanksgiving should be prime time.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: 'It is a serious rut. - 11/11/15 05:25 PM

Seen two big bucks out in the open Monday evening trailing. Saw more Tuesday morning out and about. Parker Co.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum