Texas Hunting Forum

hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read)

Posted By: rickym

hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/09/15 03:45 PM

To Blaine Garcia (Boar collector) for putting in the time and effort to get Ashley her first deer. Actually her first kill. He moved us around to different properties and stands to accommodate for the weather and such. First morning we had three doe at 237 yards and weren't comfortable with Ashley trying that shot especially in the rain. Watched a few bucks and called it a morning. Then we went to a different property in the afternoon over looking a wheat field with a feeder in it. Had a good size herd come out close to the end of legal light and didn't want to risk a poorly placed shot and long tracking job so we let them walk and then exited the blind, walking back to the truck. A nice buck let us walk up to within 70 feet of him, don't think he could tell what we were, then he turned tail and ran off. Sunday morning we were back in the stand at 5 am a cool 39 degrees, figured they would have to be up and moving to keep warm. Well they may have been but not in the field we were watching. Had a beautiful 4.5 year old ten point stroll through the field at 7 am. Then nothing, about 820 am were getting ready to call it a morning and Ashley was getting discouraged, and I had to remind her that it's hunting not show up and shoot. Then as I'm putting my chair back in the bag she taps me and points. I looked and handed her, her .270 they stopped to eat corn for a quick minute and started to turn towards the trees. I made a small grunt and with the largest one quartering away she dropped the hammer at 75 yards. The doe jumped up and buckled then took off running into the woods. Gave the deer 5 minutes or so and Ashley was so excited she wouldn't let me keep her sitting there any longer so we went to track it. No blood at all, walking towards the treeline still no blood. Then Ashley shouts "I see it, it's right there" well there she lay about 15 yards in. Went and stuck a tag in its ear and drug her out. there was only about a 6" puddle of blood underneath the deer which was surprising since we found she made a perfect quartering heart shot. Ashley was ecstatic to say the least. Once Blaine gutted the deer we took it back to my grandfather's where Ashley skinned the deer, I took the front quarters off then she pulled the backstrap and loins off, trimmed the neck, and flanks. Then I took care of the rear quarters. (she didn't want to saw through the bones.)

We had a great trip thanks to Blaine and one she won't forget. Thanks again Blaine, we look forward to returning. Oh yeah, get them yellow jackets taken care of!

I still can't figure this picture crap out, can I text a pic to a trusted member and have you post it for me?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/09/15 03:50 PM

Congrats worthless
Posted By: North2AK

Re: hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/09/15 05:41 PM

Congrats to the young lady!! First of many more to come.
Posted By: J Loves Huntin

Re: hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/09/15 06:07 PM

awesome!!! Congrats!
Posted By: texassippi

Re: hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/09/15 06:33 PM

Congrats to you and Ashley.
Posted By: Hog Creek Outfitters

Re: hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/15/15 04:05 AM

I appreciate the kind words, bud. I enjoyed having y'all. Here's the picture for you.

Posted By: Western

Re: hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/15/15 10:42 AM

Congrats to the young lady up Will be some super wintertime meals for sure. Good guide keeps trying, sounds like he did you a stand up job.
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/15/15 02:15 PM

up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: hats off to Blaine Garcia(long read) - 11/15/15 02:42 PM

Congrats to Ashley on a beautiful first deer. Great shooting Ashley! cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum