Texas Hunting Forum

Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!?

Posted By: postoak

Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:15 PM

I shot one buck and walked back to the farm house to get a vehicle to haul him back, when I looked out the window and a buck was standing in the yard, so I went outside and killed him. Then, I got out my wallet to start filling out my tags, and I can't find my license! I may have had a senior moment and left it in my shopping bag when I came home from Academy, in which case it is long gone. What do I do now? How can I take the quarters to a processor?
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:18 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:21 PM

popcorn popcorn popcorn
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:23 PM

Run to Walmart and get a replacement, they have a record of when you bought the original.
Posted By: ryorgensen

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:24 PM

popcorn
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:28 PM

I wouldn't post something like that. popcorn
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: TEXASLEFTY
Run to Walmart and get a replacement, they have a record of when you bought the original.

Double time, soldier.
Posted By: hermano W

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:43 PM

You can get a replacement anywhere that sells a license. Doing it sooner is better than waiting till later...
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:44 PM

Trying to figure out why anyone would post this. trout
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:51 PM

Leave the deer, go get the licence then come back to get the deer and fill out the tags.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Weight

betting it was on purpose
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:11 PM

You know, sometimes just keeping your mouth shut is the best option. I tell my 16 yr old son this all the time and he too has yet to listen.
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:15 PM

Any chance, was this in a one buck county? confused2
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:17 PM

Pending on how long ago you purchased the license, some retailer drag theyre feet on
paper work, but TPWD has a record of your purchase on file, you will have to go in person
and file a duplicate or copy of said license!

yes its a hassle, but only way most ligit game processors will deal with you, otherwise
process the animals at your house and your expense! So many hunters years ago, used there
tags, all to go to the store or mom and pop hardware store and buy another license to use
that weekend. Those days are over, now if you owe child wellfare payments, or back taxes to
feds, even file felons you will come up on data base as not to sell you a license today!

Just a lesson learned, and something to think about! I would not go bragging about youro
actions today! admission of guilt is game wardens dream!

hunt safe..... waiting on cold wx before we go in the woods!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:23 PM

Interesting post, 2 bucks? Were they both spikes or one spike and one 13" or better?
Posted By: Palehorse

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: tShawnB
You know, sometimes just keeping your mouth shut is the best option. I tell my 16 yr old son this all the time and he too has yet to listen.

Yep.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:47 PM

Call up a buddy with a .......just joking. He can't be serious?
Posted By: postoak

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:50 PM

I just got back from Wal-Mart with a replacement. Thank you Texas Lefty! Did I mention this was just a hypothetical?
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:52 PM

Lolololol
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: postoak
I just got back from Wal-Mart with a replacement. Thank you Texas Lefty! Did I mention this was just a hypothetical?

Suuuure it was. rolleyes The IGWs were ready to pounce!
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 04:04 PM

Wow!
Posted By: Cast

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 04:08 PM

Got me!
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 04:14 PM

You can pull your license up on TPWD website but would need to buy a replacemt to tag then before moving the carcass.

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 04:46 PM

Read up young grasshoppa.
Posted By: TXGH

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: postoak

I figured it was just a hypothetical hahaha

I think a few GW were already on their way to your house.
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 06:46 PM

....still trying to figure out whether this is funny or not...but I'm laughing all the same....is that wrong????

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 07:26 PM

The license was probably deep sixed when ducktoons flipped at the ramp.
Posted By: wtr

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 08:20 PM

worthless

confused2

popcorn
Posted By: Birdshot101

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 08:29 PM

eeks333
Im willing to bet that hypothetical situation wont happen again.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 08:36 PM

License hypothetical or going to Walmart...?
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 09:21 PM

as long as your in a 2 buck county, you'd just have some explaining to do. GW could pull the record of your license purchase. Then it would be up to the GW as to what they do since can't tag the deer where it's at.

bummer......
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 10:40 PM

So me and a buddy were talking about this post at work. If you go and get a replacement license then wouldn't you have another set of tags to use?
Posted By: bull279

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: jsplinter
So me and a buddy were talking about this post at work. If you go and get a replacement license then wouldn't you have another set of tags to use?

You get caught with those extra deer... you gots some splainin to do Lucy!
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 11:05 PM

I understand that. It just seems like to easy of a situation for people to try and take advantage. I guess though that those that are gonna do wrong are gonna do it regardless
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 11:11 PM

Just wrap an IOU on the antler
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 11:34 PM

I thought I had lost mine yesterday but thankfully I found it. Good way to make one nervous when the deer is on the ground.
Posted By: Texican

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/09/15 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: tShawnB

It took me a while to understand what my Dad meant when he'd tell me...the more you play with $h!*, the more it stinks.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/10/15 02:21 AM

I lost my backpack a few years ago (don't ask) anyway I found it a few days later but..... I got to where I hunt and realized I had no license and it's the second weekend of bow season. I drive to Walmart B/C no one else is open and get a replacement license. I had to sign a legal document stating that I had not used any of my tags yet. Long read hope that answers your question...
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/10/15 02:30 AM

worthless
Posted By: texashelms

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/10/15 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: 4Weight

lol he's trolling I bet
Posted By: HuntingJunkie

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/10/15 06:05 AM

The replacement license would issue a new license number from my understanding, and would void the original license number.....showing an invalid license should it ever be referenced by a game warden. I ordered my sons license online and it didn't arrive prior to youth season so I had to get a replacement license at Bass Pro so he could have tags....which made the original once received by mail invalid I was told.
Posted By: lampasashunter

Re: Just put two bucks on the ground and can't find my hunting license -- now what?!? - 11/10/15 12:26 PM

Any retailer that sells license can print u a replacement using ur drivers lic. Cost $5.00
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum