Texas Hunting Forum

My two minutes of fame

Posted By: Texas Dan

My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 05:37 AM

When our two local TPWD officers happened by this weekend to check the doe my son-in-law had taken, they had a cameraman with them from the Animal Planet cable channel. Seems they're creating a new show that covers happenings in the field with Texas game wardens, much like an existing show about game wardens in Alaska.

A neat experience no doubt.
Posted By: mrbelvetron

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 07:43 AM

You should of run off naked and screaming so you could assure you'd make the program!
Posted By: upsslim

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 11:58 AM

About a month ago the GW brought someone in to the Hunt County jail and Animal planet was with them. They wouldn't let them in the jail because they had not asked for permission.
Posted By: Captain Luke

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 12:32 PM

What county?
Posted By: MontagueMonsters

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 12:44 PM

That's cool, now your a movie star!!!

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: mrbelvetron
You should of run off naked and screaming so you could assure you'd make the program!

Ha! You're probably right. Nothing of interest when no fouls are found.

Houston County
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 01:55 PM

Between the East Texas poaching and the use of GW's to help patrol our unsecured border, they should have plenty of material to film. At least one show should be dedicated to Party Cove on Lewisville or the Hippie Hideaway on Travis.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 02:00 PM

They stopped us down in Baffin in July. Had the camera crew with them
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 02:06 PM

Did they ask you to sign the forms to allow your image to be used before or after the game wardens talked to you?
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 02:29 PM

Houston county!! We have a few great members who live in that county!
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
Between the East Texas poaching and the use of GW's to help patrol our unsecured border, they should have plenty of material to film. At least one show should be dedicated to Party Cove on Lewisville or the Hippie Hideaway on Travis.

He said Animal Planet, not The Playboy Channel

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Did they ask you to sign the forms to allow your image to be used before or after the game wardens talked to you?

After.
Posted By: nx99

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 07:22 PM

Years ago, my wife worked in an animal shelter where Animal Planet filmed. Even now, we'll be flipping through channels and see her on TV.

It happened a few months ago when our kids were in the room. We pointed out the lady on TV and asked if she looked familiar. It took them a while to recognize 'momma' but they were impressed when they realized that she was 'famous'.
Posted By: ddmm

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 09:28 PM

That's good stuff! Not only does your son get to talk about his deer, he can brag about being on TV!
He'll remember that one for a long time.
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: mrbelvetron

^^^^this....
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 10:11 PM

Well now I'm disappointed... Our local GW stumbled through our camp this weekend and he didn't have a camera crew with him.
Posted By: TravisP

Re: My two minutes of fame - 11/09/15 10:31 PM

My buddy was in Crockett over the weekend and game wardens saw them outside by the shed and pulled up. Check their deer and had them sign a waiver.. same thing.. animal planet was there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum