Texas Hunting Forum

What caliber bucks to expect from llano county ? Enchanted Rock area

Posted By: Brother in-law

What caliber bucks to expect from llano county ? Enchanted Rock area - 11/08/15 07:40 PM

?
Posted By: DaveTexas

Re: What caliber bucks to expect from llano county ? Enchanted Rock area - 11/08/15 08:26 PM

typical hill country bucks if your low fence.
Many factors to consider if feeding protein or not.

Re: What caliber bucks to expect from llano county ? Enchanted Rock area - 11/08/15 08:44 PM

Never hunted low fence. No feeders protein etc

So am I expecting most deer 115-125 if mature ?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: What caliber bucks to expect from llano county ? Enchanted Rock area - 11/09/15 01:13 AM

You can do better then that. I was 20 min from there and saw couple in the low to mid 30's and I only had two sits.
Posted By: Bob Ag

Re: What caliber bucks to expect from llano county ? Enchanted Rock area - 11/09/15 01:27 AM

Depends on certain things of course, but we routinely take 120 130 class deer with the occasional 140. We all feed protein and rarely shoot anything younger than 5. I would say we probably don't manage the population the best, but we do cull inferior bucks and let the good ones breed out. You won't have a problem seeing deer and if you're lucky you may have aoudad and turkey too.

Re: What caliber bucks to expect from llano county ? Enchanted Rock area - 11/09/15 01:54 AM

What about axis or BB? This is just a couple day hunt with no established feeders or stands.
Posted By: BooneDog

Re: What caliber bucks to expect from llano county ? Enchanted Rock area - 11/09/15 03:07 AM

Very good chance to see axis especially if you are close to the river. One thing is certain you will A Lot of deer. Average 120-130's with an occasional Old Hoss.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum