Texas Hunting Forum

Not having any luck at all!!!!

Posted By: Txhillbilly

Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 03:03 PM

All of my deer have disappeared. There are 2 young bucks a 6pt&8pt,and 2 nocturnal does.
That's all that's been on my cameras for the last 2-3 weeks,other than the usual sounder of hogs. I only heard 4-5 shots in this area since daylight yesterday,and that is very strange.

I haven't seen anything other than birds today,I guess I'll call it a bust for opening weekend and drive home and watch football in the easy chair.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 03:13 PM

I had the same thing happen when it rained a 2 weeks ago now. The bucks/does left the feeders and started chasing the fresh green new growth. I have new growth oats also and they are hitting it a bit now. I have seen some young bucks and some does, but the bucks are dogging the does and running them off the plots and feeders. TC pic numbers have dropped way off at the feeders, most deer stay for a couple of minutes and then leave that do come to feeders. I did see a mature buck at very first light eating corn on the road, but he took off after a doe and ran her around. He never came back in. I did have some young bucks stay on corn till 8 or so. I think if I get some sunshine this afternoon the deer will really move better for me.
Posted By: Western

Re: Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 03:16 PM

Same as STX, as soon as my oats and wheat got about 3", feeder use dropped by 75% at least. Which is fine, see the young g ones still on the corn and protein, but see much more activity in the food plots.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 03:25 PM

But it can all change in the blink of an eye. up
Posted By: TravisP

Re: Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 03:35 PM

I had deer coming to my feeder everyday on around the 27th of oct. Not a damn thing now. Nocturnal. Plus with the neighbors dogs running em off. It's been a bust for opening day for me too. Not a single deer in sight. I heard 3 shots all morning. I saw a niiiiccee 12pt. Down the road in someone's yard and a few does off to the side of the road yesterday but nothing by the blinds.
Posted By: Western

Re: Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: kry226
But it can all change in the blink of an eye. up

Damn str8!, main reason I still crawl out of a warm bed to get in a froze blind LOL
Posted By: don k

Re: Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 04:11 PM

The Bucks have really stated after the Does this morning. Saw 4 different ones chasing. The younger ones did not seemed to be interested in them.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 04:56 PM

Kind of relieved to hear that I'm not the only one frustrated by the deer and their disappearing act!!! Twp legal bucks on camera, one has been here just about every night for the past six months with his little buddy. Then the big 9 from last year shows up at 9am just before the storms hit. Now I can't even find any deer tracks anywhere near my food plot, mineral lick or deer feeder.
Posted By: Spent Brass

Re: Not having any luck at all!!!! - 11/08/15 05:14 PM

Same here, Upshur county. Nothing at the feeders but tracks everywhere else. A 60lb sow took a dirt nap last night at dark. Just redbirds and a cottontail today.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum