Texas Hunting Forum

Stephens county reports this morning

Posted By: ffread

Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 12:32 PM

Anyone hunting Stephens county this morning?
Posted By: StephensCnty308

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 12:45 PM

Stephens county here south of breck. Been here since 5:45

So far only 1 buck yesterday morning at 8am that's not nocturnal. Hoping they don't stay that way.

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 12:56 PM

We are seeing quite a few doe, bunch of smaller bucks chasing! Saw one good mature buck for about two minutes yesterday but only one I have seen since bow season started in the daylight

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 01:00 PM

Rut doesn't start officially until next week right?

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 01:09 PM

If it stays cool it could start sometime next week, I haven't even seen a deer this morning they must be sleeping in
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: ffread
If it stays cool it could start sometime next week, I haven't even seen a deer this morning they must be sleeping in

(I should have done the same thing) my toes are a little frosty here in Eastland county.

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: ffread

We didn't get that memo

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 01:57 PM

Just had a young 10 point come eat in the road for a few minutes, only life I have seen!
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 02:06 PM

They are all asleep here in Archer too! Tell Cole to run around and wake them all up.
Posted By: Tatsun

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 02:08 PM

I haven't seen anything worth mentioning here either. I'm just right on the very Southwest edge of Breckenridge. Saw one doe yesterday morning as I was entering lease at gate, then a young little 4 point around 7:00am yesterday, but Nada today or yesterday afternoon. It's like they all went a memo out to each other that's its opening weekend.
I hope this changes, cuz I got blanked last year, and hardly saw anything at my feeder, when the previous year I couldn't count the amount of tags I'd need for all the deer I saw.

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 02:48 PM

I'm sick

Saw a new 10 point. Nice body and rack so I reach for my rifle and bump the dam blind.

I'm sick I'm blown away.

Minutes later wild dogs walk up and sniff the feeder pen.

Hoping there scent didn't just ruin me for the day.

How stupid I am grrrrrrrrrr oh the luck

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 03:42 PM

The luck of deer hunting, maybe he will show back up!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/08/15 08:48 PM

Good news is he didn't know what it was that scared him, just a weird noise. He may or may not be back, but cool you saw something that got your blood going. We didn't see anything older than a 1.5 yo buck this weekend during legal time. Of course last night we had a nice buck walk out right in front of us but it was too late. Camera told us it was a decent buck, but only got a sideways look and no way to tell how decent.

Live and learn!

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/09/15 03:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Good news is he didn't know what it was that scared him, just a weird noise. He may or may not be back, but cool you saw something that got your blood going. We didn't see anything older than a 1.5 yo buck this weekend during legal time. Of course last night we had a nice buck walk out right in front of us but it was too late. Camera told us it was a decent buck, but only got a sideways look and no way to tell how decent.

Live and learn!

That dam buck haunted me all day lol

Simple mistake simple !!!!!!

If that leads to be my one buck this year he may haunt me for a long time grrrr
Posted By: krazy kris

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/09/15 03:46 AM

I got my wife set up in the blind and sat with her til daylight. I got out and go to my ladder stand and as soon as I'm out of sight the biggest deer we have walks out 30 yards from her rubbs some limbs and then a few minutes later he walks away. She said she was frozen and couldn't do anything. She caught the fever.
Posted By: Dennis in Ft Worth

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/09/15 05:36 AM

I'm just north of Caddo. Got lucky and scored this guy Saturday morning. Didn't expect to see a buck that met ARs since the last few seasons had been only little basket bucks. Lots of does still running around.

Posted By: greygooser

Re: Stephens county reports this morning - 11/09/15 02:32 PM

S, SE Stephens county here.

We'e hunted satuday and sunday morning. Collectively saw about 8 doe, a couple of yearlings and 1 buck. We have atleast 4/5 borderline legal bucks on camera which is a big improvement from 0 last year, though they are all at night right now. They aint monsters, but i dont mind after 3 years of tough hunting. Some weird genetics on this place.

Looks to be shaping up to be a good year.

Weirdly, looking back through gamecam, we have a number of pictures of what looks to be bucks chasing doe in mid october. Here's a few of them:

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum