Texas Hunting Forum

live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county)

Posted By: TravisP

live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county) - 11/07/15 09:10 PM

I wasn't going to hunt today as it's my day with my daughter but she was sick and wanted to stay home. Got out here about 1:30pm. Nice light drizzle, some on and off again winds. The sound of mockingbirds and squirrels always gets old. Hopefully one of the Forest rats come out. The morning is looking like my best bet. We shall see.

Re: live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county) - 11/08/15 01:55 PM

Back at it again this morning. On the drive over I saw a beautiful 12 pt. That is too good for the area I hunt. Someone must have dropped him off. I have a heard a shot wast down the creek about 30 minutes after first light. I heard another 2 shots to the west from the same gun. Starting to think these guys might be some late morning movers.

Re: live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county) - 11/09/15 11:07 PM

Well went out Sunday a.m. .. it was perfect weather til my land owners dogs walked past my blind. Lightly shushed them away and then returned back to sitting. Figured it would be ok.. til the Hispanic neighbors giant horse sized dogs came over.. tried to shoo them away and they just barked and raised hell. So I got pissed and threw a stick at him.. and he decided to stand his ground. I was so pissed. So I decided to walk to my back stand and hunt a trail and try to throw some scent around. Not even a hour went by and by this time I was so pissed I was about done. Wind started coming in hard and every factor came in to play on why I should just go home. Well as I'm headed back to the house, I jumped a doe and her fawn.. she ran maybe 10 yards and stopped. So I ofcourse I froze.. and like I expected, she was making her way to the opening on the pipe line.. then boom. Something spooked her.. 20 yards out I had a freaking coyote in stalk mode ready to pounce. Needless to say, after a .308 bthp went through his lungs.. he is no longer with us. I guess that explain why my deer population has shrunk when his den was about 30 yards from my old feeder and stand. So I head back to the house and not 16 minutes goes by and the neighbors gun rattles the woods. Story of my life.

Re: live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county) - 11/10/15 03:31 AM

Took a 8 point this evening.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county) - 11/10/15 03:33 AM

Congrats!!

worthless

Re: live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county) - 11/10/15 03:41 AM

Thanks bud. The dogs finally hung out on my buddies porch. I actually had just stood up to take a leak in my blind.. set back down propped my feet up and was writing the reply earlier about the yote. Peaked around the corner and he was eatting some corn away from the feeder on the dirt road haha.. I was like finally.. some evening movement after 2 weeks spending every sunset out there. Haha. As I'm cleaning my deer about 200 yards away from the feeder I noticed eyes and there was another 6 or 7 deer eating there. Off tomorrow to try and burn another tag
Posted By: txshntr

Re: live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county) - 11/10/15 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: TravisP
Thanks bud. The dogs finally hung out on my buddies porch. I actually had just stood up to take a leak in my blind.. set back down propped my feet up and was writing the reply earlier about the yote. Peaked around the corner and he was eatting some corn away from the feeder on the dirt road haha.. I was like finally.. some evening movement after 2 weeks spending every sunset out there. Haha. As I'm cleaning my deer about 200 yards away from the feeder I noticed eyes and there was another 6 or 7 deer eating there. Off tomorrow to try and burn another tag

Good luck to you. Sounds like you have some options up
Posted By: wtr

Re: live from Mobile Home Subdivision (Montgomery county) - 11/10/15 12:45 PM

banana
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum