Texas Hunting Forum

Tomorrow......

Posted By: 603Country

Tomorrow...... - 11/06/15 03:43 PM

I finally am getting excited about deer season opening tomorrow. I'm ready. Stands are ready. ATV is ready. Knives are sharp. Feeders are full and timers are set and accurate. Rifles are sighted in. All that's left to do is to decide where to hunt. There's a great 8 point, with really tall tines, and a really nice 10, that have been prowling the back pastures.

Wish me luck, and the best of luck to you guys.

And then LSU and Alabama tie up tomorrow. And the A&M game. And whiskey.....

It's like Christmas for grown ups...
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/06/15 03:45 PM

Good luck to ya and to everyone
Posted By: cheetah577

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/06/15 05:34 PM

Good luck and go for the 10! I hope everyone has a safe and successful hunt. I'm outta here!
Posted By: wtr

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/06/15 08:34 PM

A big buck and an Aggie win I'll will be banana all night!!!
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/06/15 08:51 PM

This will be my first opening weekend on my new lease. Working a double today so I can go home at 6 tonight so I can be in the blind tnr AM. I'm pumped up like a kid on Christmas Eve when he already knows Santa is bringing him the best gift ever!
Posted By: Western

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/06/15 08:57 PM

603, I think you should hunt where ever the boss lady says there is one you're allowed to take, the safe play brudda. We all know there are a few that you have been notified, are off limits so... grin

I only have 2 choices, so easy for me.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/06/15 09:15 PM

Western, that's funny! Unfortunately, there's some truth in what you said. It will be best if I shoot one that she's never seen, like that big 8 point. We had the 10 point in the front yard the other day, when he was rattling horns with Yard Buck (the 6 point that practically lives in the yard).

Honest truth is that I'll probably hunt the two old spikes and leave the nice bucks to the grandson. I need to get the spikes out of the gene pool.

The wife loves her deer. HER deer, if you get my meaning.

And now the weather report puts the chance of rain at 100% at 5 am and 90% at 6 am. Gonna be nasty.
Posted By: Central texas

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/07/15 01:39 AM

Good luck
Posted By: Western

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/07/15 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
Western, that's funny! Unfortunately, there's some truth in what you said. It will be best if I shoot one that she's never seen, like that big 8 point. We had the 10 point in the front yard the other day, when he was rattling horns with Yard Buck (the 6 point that practically lives in the yard).

Honest truth is that I'll probably hunt the two old spikes and leave the nice bucks to the grandson. I need to get the spikes out of the gene pool.

The wife loves her deer. HER deer, if you get my meaning.

And now the weather report puts the chance of rain at 100% at 5 am and 90% at 6 am. Gonna be nasty.

I know what you mean from reading your post, not much different here...Wasn't as bad when we had more land, but now it is harder not to get voted out..My area keeps shrinking bang
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Tomorrow...... - 11/07/15 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
IAll that's left to do is to decide where to hunt....

Wind direction makes that decision easy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum