Texas Hunting Forum

Way too keyed up for the opener...

Posted By: HuntnFly67

Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 11:32 AM

I just woke up thinking of how to pack the truck and my 'what to take list' is running through my head. Not sure why I am so amped up this year.

You'd think that it's my first time....

Ok, maybe not quite, but c'mon for those about to head out here is a good 'wheels up' tune:
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 12:50 PM

cheers
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 12:57 PM

Hope I never lose that feeling. Itching to go right now!
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 01:19 PM

cheers
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 01:51 PM

Been running through my list all week. Loaded up everything this morning, just waiting to get off work and I'm gone!
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 02:15 PM

Didint have to get up until 530 this morning but at 345 I was wide awake ready to go. My internal clock is a day ahead and ready to go.
Posted By: SouthTXhunter07

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 02:20 PM

We are so blessed (all of us) to know the feeling and still have it and pass it on!
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: SouthTXhunter07
We are so blessed (all of us) to know the feeling and still have it and pass it on!

cheers
Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 02:51 PM

Picking my son up from school around 11:00 and we are gone. He came into the room this morning and was trying to be quite and not wake me up, but all I could hear is mom I'm ready to go hope dad picks me up early today. He is 10yrs old and loves the deer lease that's all he has talked about this week LOL!
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 03:51 PM

Because extracurricular activities keep her weekends booked, my 7th grade daughter was like a sad puppy dog this morning when she realized I was packing up the truck to go deer hunting. She won't be able to go until Thanksgiving. She is smart too. She encouraged me to bow hunt (knowing a rifle gave me better odds) so she would have a better chance that all of our target bucks might still be out there when she finally gets to go.

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 03:53 PM

3 more hours until I'm done at the office........c'mon c'mon c'mon!!
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 03:53 PM

Completely worthless at work yesterday and today.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 03:56 PM

Trucks been loaded for hours, just gotta get off work and were gone! Wave if you see us going down 20!

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52
Trucks been loaded for hours, just gotta get off work and were gone! Wave if you see us going down 20!

I'll be the schmo in the 4wd pickup. roflmao

...but seriously...Silver SuperDuty hauling a 6x6.
Posted By: Grosvenor

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Auctioneer1
Picking my son up from school around 11:00 and we are gone. He came into the room this morning and was trying to be quite and not wake me up, but all I could hear is mom I'm ready to go hope dad picks me up early today. He is 10yrs old and loves the deer lease that's all he has talked about this week LOL!

That's awesome. My little bubba woke up with a big grin on his face this morning too. We are way overdue for some ranch time. I've been so caught up with work and other things that I haven't given opening weekend much thought, but I am looking forward to slowing things down for a few days while I spend some quality time with my son and family.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 04:14 PM

The westbound traffic on HWY84 through Gatesville was amazing this morning. Lots of shiny trucks pulling campers and trailers loaded up with 4 wheelers. I'm predicting they won't be quite so shiny on the trip back.

This is the first time in the last 15 or so years I won't join the westward migration. I'll actually be heading north for a change. Seems very odd to only have a 45 minute drive to the lease.
Posted By: D-Day

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 04:16 PM

Pack list right here on my desk. Two hour drive later.
Posted By: Txhillbilly

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 04:27 PM

I don't get too hyped up for opening weekend of rifle season. The deer have always been slow to move around where I hunt. A month ago,I'd have 400-600 pics on each game camera every month. I went up there Monday to top off the feeders,and there were on 60 pics on the cameras,and all the big bucks disappeared from the cameras. Just young bucks and a few does & hogs.

I'm getting stuff loaded up now,and will head up there in a few hours,but I don't expect to get one of my targeted bucks until the rut gets going good.

Good luck to everyone this weekend,and be safe out there.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Auctioneer1

Man, this is what its all about! I wish I had a son or daughter that enjoyed it like I do...now I am just hoping that I will have a grandson to take.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 05:50 PM

I won't be going this weekend due to grandsons football and maybe not next weekend either depending on playoffs.
Posted By: Troutfisch

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo1
Hope I never lose that feeling. Itching to go right now!

X2 my favorite time of year.
Posted By: SCP

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 11:07 PM

Sitting in a company training meeting right now, making my grocery list and counting the minutes until I can get the hell out of here.
Posted By: shadams

Re: Way too keyed up for the opener... - 11/06/15 11:12 PM

Have had the truck set up for a couple weeks now.....last I remember I was thinking damn, 4 more weeks, all of a sudden its the night before. Too bad the weather sucks...

Anyway itll still be a good weekend, plus I took off all next week so I can get some stuff done...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum