Texas Hunting Forum

Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season?

Posted By: Captain Luke

Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 05:17 AM

I bought a rubber snake at Walmart tonight for 99 cents.
Posted By: Swamped

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:27 AM

Thats a good one thanks for the idea! My father in law has something coming!
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:53 AM

Rubber Rats in the Blind always works well when it starts getting light
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: 10pointers
Rubber Rats in the Blind always works well when it starts getting light
I like this idea^^^

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 12:59 PM

Rubber rats. Yes!!
Posted By: MontagueMonsters

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 01:13 PM

Putting a baby pig in my buddies groundblind after I check traps. They put a pissed of armadillo in my last year and I think the whole lease heard me when I got in the stand
Posted By: OffCoor1

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 03:32 PM

Ha ha.......You guys are great !! That's funny stuff !! clap
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: MontagueMonsters
Putting a baby pig in my buddies groundblind after I check traps. They put a pissed of armadillo in my last year and I think the whole lease heard me when I got in the stand

Lol

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 03:39 PM

He'll probably hear the pig before entering.
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 03:41 PM

I am going to kill a 170" whitetail before anyone else on the lease does. Now that's funny.

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: tShawnB
I am going to kill a 170" whitetail before anyone else on the lease does. Now that's funny.

Especially if the next guy kills a 210".
Posted By: High Country Archer

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 05:56 PM

One morning I had a run in with a skunk while I was walking to my bow blind (popup). He refused to get off the trail I was walking down and he was walking up and short of shooting him, I couldn't get him to move. He finally won the war of chicken and we both went on our way but we were a little PO'ed at each other. Next morning I slipped into the same blind to discover that my friend had slipped a stuffed toy skunk in there!!! I about tore that popup apart trying to get out of there.

BTW - I have a slightly used popup for sell cheap. It would help if you knew how to sew.
Posted By: therock

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: High Country Archer
One morning I had a run in with a skunk while I was walking to my bow blind (popup). He refused to get off the trail I was walking down and he was walking up and short of shooting him, I couldn't get him to move. He finally won the war of chicken and we both went on our way but we were a little PO'ed at each other. Next morning I slipped into the same blind to discover that my friend had slipped a stuffed toy skunk in there!!! I about tore that popup apart trying to get out of there.

BTW - I have a slightly used popup for sell cheap. It would help if you knew how to sew.

Now that is a good one!!
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:09 PM

I have this hilarious trip wire set that whenever a deer walks near the feeder, a claymore mine blasts the blind...

Actually, I should rethink this.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:12 PM

No, I hunt with my brother and some of his buddies who are all firemen... I learned years ago I can't compete with the prank wars!
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:13 PM

Tied a deer tail on a fishing line last weekend and ran it through the brush 40yrds from the stand. Pretty thick brush. Gave it a pull about every 20 minutes so that it looked like a deer moving around. Somebody saw a 20 pointer that never presented a shot. I love archery season. rofl
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:21 PM

My wife already got me.

I have to go to New Orleans with her this weekend for a Tulane reunion. I told her only a bunch of damnyankees (I grew up thinking it was one word) would schedule a reunion on the opening weekend of deer season.
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:37 PM

My wife's birthday is always opening weekend. Luckily she understands how big hunting is to me, so we compromise both a little. I go opening morning, then take her out Saturday evening.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: jmh004
My wife's birthday is always opening weekend. Luckily she understands how big hunting is to me, so we compromise both a little. I go opening morning, then take her out Saturday evening.

That's nice but LOGIC PROBLEM:
Opening day can vary from 11/1 to 11/7 (first Saturday of November), her birthday is a specific date. Unless her birthday is actually 11/7 you celebrate on her actual birthday and then go hunt unencumbered.
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 07:02 PM

Well when you and your wife are both coaches, theres no such thing as going out on a weeknight.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 07:37 PM

In my younger years, I caught a king snake and tossed it in a buddies back seat of his car while he was calling me names and being an [censored]. I felt bad after doing it, but at the time, felt like being a bigger [censored] then he was. He was terrified of snakes and it was really a bad idea on my part
Posted By: texassippi

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: High Country Archer

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: SouthTXhunter07

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 07:53 PM

First one to pass out at the ranch house get's doe urine poured on them. Also if poured into the windshield wiper vents on the truck of a city slicker that accidently fired his gun while unloading it in the ranch house. Needless to say, he is long gone off the ranch.
Posted By: bull279

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52
No, I hunt with my brother and some of his buddies who are all firemen... I learned years ago I can't compete with the prank wars!

Originally Posted By: SouthTXhunter07
First one to pass out at the ranch house get's doe urine poured on them. Also if poured into the windshield wiper vents on the truck of a city slicker that accidently fired his gun while unloading it in the ranch house. Needless to say, he is long gone off the ranch.

These two actually tie in together. We had a guy at the fire station who was just loud and obnoxious (nothing too bad, just had no off switch). So when he went on a call, the other guys broke out the doe urine and injected his pillow. This happened about 3 or 4 shifts in a row. He never said anything, but he never changed pillows. He either couldn't smell, didn't mind, or liked how doe urine smelled.

Firefighters have alot of down time to plot and scheme. Once the prank war dies down, it is kinda nice not having to be on edge all the time at the station. You never know when you are going to get "antiqued" coming out of the shower or a water can extinguisher set up in your locker.
Posted By: Sugars Pop

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 10:48 PM

Last year my nephew got one of the colored cow ear tags. He shot a nice buck Sat a.m. knowing the ranch manager would come by during the day so he put the tag in it's ear when he put it in the walk in cooler. Lease Manager freaked out when he saw it and was trying to figure out where the buck came from, who to call to see if it escaped etc....... Finally they gave in after about one hour and told him it was a prank.
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 11:00 PM

Put one of the cheap Driveway Alarm sensors by your buddies blind. Every time a deer walk out to his feeder. A little noise goes of by his blind. sure it would take him a few deer to figure out the sound location
Posted By: PMK

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/04/15 11:52 PM

a few from my younger days at my dad's deer camp ...

snake skin shed put between sheets of another hunter's bed. (never slept in camp again)

old shoulder mounted deer strategically placed in cedar brush at another hunter's box blind that was known for partaking of too many spirits the evening before the hunt, always hung over ... many shots fired about day break when it got light enough to see.

caught armadillo and put in someone's blind. A cotton tail will work too but they are harder to catch.

short tower blind with outward opening door ... fishing line attached to the door with the other end attached to rubber snake or mouse laid on the floor inside the blind ... open door and stuff starts jumping into their face or chest. I would not recommend doing in a tall blind as the fall might kill someone.

smearing grease around the eye cups of someone's binoculars. hunter comes back from their stand looking like a raccoon, no one around camp told them any different.
Posted By: Western

Re: Are you planning any pranks at deer camp this season? - 11/05/15 12:42 AM

Best one I have ever done, best if it is a ground blind, but usually works anywhere. You also need a rattlers tail, 2-3 is a huge bonus, or something that sounds similar.

Tie 2 rubber bands under their chair, then tie to the rattler base, 2 ends just far apart enough to keep the rattles almost horizontal. Let it hang about 3-4". Had one bud that sat there until we came to check on him, he was too scared to move for 4 hrs!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum