Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone local (Rowlett) looking for a hunting buddy?

Posted By: Classic Rocks

Anyone local (Rowlett) looking for a hunting buddy? - 11/03/15 02:01 PM

My best friend moved to NM a few years ago and so I lost a hunting buddy. I would like to get the chance to find someone local (carpool, etc) as I am thinking about inviting someone from thf out to Nacogdoches with my another friend and I this weekend and/or the 3rd weekend of rifle season. I would obviously like to get together for a beer or two first just to make sure we are like-minded, etc. I am married with an 18mo old boy. 34yrs old. Been hunting this family Property off and on for 5 years. The deer are there but sometimes hard to find.
Pm me a little about yourself and hopefully we can get some deer on the ground in the next couple of weeks.

Mike
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Anyone local (Rowlett) looking for a hunting buddy? - 11/03/15 03:34 PM

Very generous offer, C R. I'm sure someone will take you up on it. up

Re: Anyone local (Rowlett) looking for a hunting buddy? - 11/03/15 03:36 PM

Purely selfish reasons I offered. I absolutely HATE driving more than about an hour each way by myself. I get sleepy/bored and have avoided more than one hunting trip due to not having a copilot. Secondly, my other hunter stays out all day and goes straight to bed when he comes in so he isn't much entertainment around a camp fire.
Posted By: TravisP

Re: Anyone local (Rowlett) looking for a hunting buddy? - 11/03/15 04:07 PM

If you were only closer. Lol
Posted By: JCB

Re: Anyone local (Rowlett) looking for a hunting buddy? - 11/04/15 03:27 AM

I am in Rowlett but I don't need any more hunting buddies. I got lots! grin

Seriously that's a great offer for someone that doesn't have a place to go. I am fortunate enough to have a good place to go or I would be all over it. up
Posted By: Deer Junky

Re: Anyone local (Rowlett) looking for a hunting buddy? - 11/04/15 06:18 AM

Mike, I'm your neighbor in Garland, might be interested in meeting up sometime in the future. I shoot ya a PM.

Re: Anyone local (Rowlett) looking for a hunting buddy? - 11/04/15 01:19 PM

Thanks guys. JCB, wish I was on your list. I've seen some of the stuff you drag to the taxi!
It's last minute to find someone so I may just head to Louisiana for the weekend. Again, another TX opener squandered.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum