Texas Hunting Forum

Llano hunting

Posted By: Jon P

Llano hunting - 11/02/15 10:24 PM

I am going out to the ranch this weekend in Llano and am crazy excited. Any reports on how it has been out in that area?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Llano hunting - 11/02/15 10:40 PM

Green
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Llano hunting - 11/02/15 10:48 PM

I was 13 miles north, saw 3 bucks, pigs and turkey. Two bucks were young 10 pointers and one larger 8. Did not see any doe at all...pigs and turkey.
As mentioned by BOBO amazing how the pasture have greened up.
Posted By: Western

Re: Llano hunting - 11/02/15 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Green

rofl whip
Posted By: birdman99

Re: Llano hunting - 11/05/15 05:48 PM

See 5-6 deer every time I go out there. 7 miles north of Llano. mostly young bucks.....2.5-3 yo.
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: Llano hunting - 11/05/15 08:14 PM

Green yep! id say let the deer go for now, unless your trigger happy, but kill all hogs you
see, and thensome! way too many last time i near that area, close the Lake Buchanan there,
was hot during summer...
Posted By: Triplesnake

Re: Llano hunting - 11/05/15 11:14 PM

I haven't been out since bow season started, but one of the other guys said he was seeing a lot bucks on one of his cams. I'm fired up and ready to go!
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Llano hunting - 11/06/15 05:38 AM

Last night there was a decent 8 chasing a doe around work. Tonight, I saw another chasing a doe on the golf course. If the temp would drop about 20 deg it would really get them going.
Posted By: sbushee

Re: Llano hunting - 11/06/15 11:39 AM

It's Llano. There will be deer ecerywhere
Posted By: majekman

Re: Llano hunting - 11/06/15 12:13 PM

My Cuz has 500ac near Cherry Springs in Llano co.....this year on cams he seeing the best deer both horns and body size that he's seen in 7-8yrs and he's had the place for 20yrs. He has 2 bucks that are knocking on 140 which for his place are HUGE . He also has a few pigs which are a rarity for his place. Grandson and I make a couple trips up there every year and just have a blast. I love that country. He planted oats last week and got 2inches of rain the next day. Perfect timing.
Posted By: birdman99

Re: Llano hunting - 11/06/15 04:53 PM

ton of pigs out here too.......cams are littered with em.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Llano hunting - 11/06/15 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Green

rofl whip

Lol, been a few decades since I've seen it this green down there.

Going to need a very heavy freeze quickly for big boys to hit corn
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum