Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Cane

Posted By: boomers

Deer Cane - 10/27/15 06:34 PM

Has anyone used this product before? Does it attract the deer like it says also I seen two forms of it the spray and powder
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Deer Cane - 10/27/15 08:03 PM

Save your money.
Posted By: Western

Re: Deer Cane - 10/27/15 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: tShawnB
Save your money.
Posted By: LG

Re: Deer Cane - 10/27/15 09:43 PM

I put that stuff out about 5 years ago and the deer come to that same spot and dig up the ground, very starnge
Posted By: PaulsBunyan

Re: Deer Cane - 10/27/15 10:26 PM

Seems to work for me. Usually put it out during the spring. Have trail cam pics of deer hitting the mineral site. Read somewhere that they stop using it during the fall months . Seems to make sense. I have never seen any activity during the actual hunting season. If there is any it's nocturnal visits.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Deer Cane - 10/27/15 10:28 PM

Like said above, save your money if all your tryin to do is attract deer to a spot now. If your wanting to create a mineral site that will probably go unnoticed this season but be used next year and on go ahead and get some. I think the powder mixed with water works better for making a site. Set it up in area that holds some water or stays wet longer than the rest of the nearby soil. Twice a year place a mineral block in that spot or if the spot has an inch or so of water just pour on another bag and mix it in. You want the minerals to get into the soil.

When I add another block I usually break it into a couple pieces, falls apart and goes into the soil better that way
Posted By: PaulsBunyan

Re: Deer Cane - 10/27/15 10:48 PM

Good point RickyM. This is not something to put out now as an attractant. You would fair better with some hand corn.
Posted By: maximum

Re: Deer Cane - 10/28/15 01:56 AM

should have been put out some months ago.
works better with un-chlorinated water-
well water, creek water,etc.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum