Texas Hunting Forum

Your thoughts on these two?

Posted By: Finfeathernfurr

Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 09:25 PM

Well I guess I should have been shooting more bucks but does are so much better eating LOL. I have never set up a Camera until this year and last week when I got here something about the angle or obstructions kept the motion detector from going off too much. After moving it last Wednesday I checked the card today I still have not gotten through the 915 pictures from the week. Probably twice as many bucks on camera than does. I have been really more bow hunting only for the last five years and have still not Flung an arrow at a buck I was just wondering y'all's thoughts on these two guys I saw two at the end of the year last year during doe only that were bigger than them but they are regulars at the feeder. Of course I just have a week of pictures to go off of.

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 09:27 PM

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 09:28 PM

The pictures are a little better but do not have Internet on the computer in the pasture.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 10:00 PM

Both appear to be mature, but pictures get distorted when taking a pic of a pic.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 10:02 PM

These are WAGs based upon those photos. #1 is 5.5 and #2 is 6.5 or older. I'd say #1 scores a bit more despite his lack of mass, but #2 is a prettier deer to me.

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 10:05 PM

My question is would either even hit 140?

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 10:11 PM

Yeah the pictures really aren't that bad I'll work on getting them uploaded later.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 10:15 PM

Bigger deer, mid to upper 130s. Other deer, not close to 140.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 10:18 PM

Neither deer will hit 140 IMO. The first buck is the better of the two and he is maybe upper 130's. The second buck is a bit less at maybe upper 120's to maybe low 130's.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/21/15 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Finfeathernfurr
My question is would either even hit 140?

No sir. 134 and 128. Again, that's a WAG.

Re: Your thoughts on these two? - 10/22/15 01:18 AM

It's kind of what I figured I saw a lot bigger deer out there last year. But I guess you can't complain after one week of camera. I am just curious to see what shows up once they get broke up from their bachelors groups I did not have a single picture with a buck and a doe and it it was either all bucks or all does
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum