Texas Hunting Forum

Solunar tables and deer

Posted By: ChrisB

Solunar tables and deer - 10/19/15 12:50 AM

We've had a couple of slow weekend this year for the bow opener. While checking game cameras we started noticing since opening day we all are showing good buck movement on the same days as each other. When we started comparing the times one of the guys says they are really close to the major movements on his solunar table. My cameras have been showing some great bucks during the week usually three days in a row. Just wondering if others pay close attention to these tables and if you see some similar results? I only get to hunt fri evening thru Sunday morning so I just have to sit it out regardless. Good news is in a couple of weeks the solunar table starts lining up with my days.
Posted By: Kenny Powers

Re: Solunar tables and deer - 10/19/15 01:02 AM

They never seem to be on for me. But whatever works! Good luck
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Solunar tables and deer - 10/19/15 12:33 PM

I use them and weather conditions to determine the absolute best time to hunt. That is, when multiple conditions (temperature, wind direction, rising or dropping barometric pressure, and moon) are all lined up for a perfect hunt. When this happens, I'll even consider taking the day off to be in the woods.
Posted By: MoTex

Re: Solunar tables and deer - 10/19/15 04:45 PM

I pay attention to peak animal activity and think it works. Even in the summer I'll notice a lot if deer movement mid day on a particular day, get home and check the charts and it made sense.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Solunar tables and deer - 10/19/15 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
I use them and weather conditions to determine the absolute best time to hunt. That is, when multiple conditions (temperature, wind direction, rising or dropping barometric pressure, and moon) are all lined up for a perfect hunt. When this happens, I'll even consider taking the day off to be in the woods.

x2 but sometimes you can only hunt when life allows for it regardless of perfect conditions and it doesn't mean sub optimal conditions can't be successful.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Solunar tables and deer - 10/19/15 05:40 PM

I also mix normal deer behavior into the equation as well. An example would be when a major feeding time occurs in the morning or evening when deer are normally active, combined with all the other factors working in your favor.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum