Texas Hunting Forum

Mainting Records of Cameras

Posted By: txwingnut

Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 02:25 PM

How do you keep records of your cameras and feeders or do you even bother year to year?
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 02:29 PM

Label the folders for the camera location and keep them grouped together by year.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 02:34 PM

Yep, that's what I do. I make a folder named camera #1 on my desk top, then I download my photos to a file that says, 10-16-2014 #1, I put the files in the folder, that way it keeps everything in order of when the photos were taken.
Posted By: jcarroll3

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 02:36 PM

ha shoot, i wish I was that organized. Last year, I had access to 6 different hunting properties, and had around 5 cameras out on each. Got done with the year, and kept putting off going to get the cameras. Drug on long enough, and I forgot where two of them are. I have made my mind up I am shed hunting at that property this year so that I can locate them. Talk about a waste of $$$
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Label the folders for the camera location and keep them grouped together by year.

This ^^^
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 02:47 PM

Started running cameras in 2007 and still have all the pictures with bucks. Have them on an external hard drive. Each year has a folder and in those folders it is broken out by location and date.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 02:52 PM

I label the folder by camera location and date for each year. I also do a separate folder on bucks from that year. I even take it a step more by taking individual bucks and showing year to year on them.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 03:02 PM

I keep key photos of bucks make yearly folders ... then erase the rest... I wish my house was as easy to clean as the computer

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
I keep key photos of bucks make yearly folders ... then erase the rest... I wish my house was as easy to clean as the computer

Pile it up then...fire up flame grin
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 03:04 PM

roflmao
Posted By: lawndart956

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 03:25 PM

My cameras let me put a small line of text at the bottom. I always just put what that stand is named "tree stand" or the property name. I just save them all by year and it's easy to tell what you're looking at with the name and date right on the pic.

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 09:23 PM

so nobody really tracks does? or totals? just bucks? Ive been breaking them out into folders but year and sub folders of months and days with bucks...
Posted By: KnoxCityNate

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 10:58 PM

Last year was my first year hunting and have all my pictures saved by week.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 11:18 PM

I do mine by the Year then
month/date I pull card
then by feeder name

I delete pics of same deer/hogs
keep the interesting ones or ones that have some significance

buy you one of those external harddrive 1-2 TB, USB 2+

example of folder

*** Nov 7
******Feeder 1
******Feeder 2
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/16/15 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: txwingnut
so nobody really tracks does? or totals? just bucks? Ive been breaking them out into folders but year and sub folders of months and days with bucks...

I have a couple I can track, the rest not so much. They're old as dirt and I like seeing what their offspring looks like on years the yearling Buck is still with them. So far they've been 6-8pts so I leave them be.

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/17/15 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: txwingnut

I used to but now keep a total of my bucks only. Then use blind counts to set my buck to doe/fawn ratios. With buck numbers being exact I can then run a total deer for a deer per acre.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/17/15 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: jcarroll3
ha shoot, i wish I was that organized. Last year, I had access to 6 different hunting properties, and had around 5 cameras out on each. Got done with the year, and kept putting off going to get the cameras. Drug on long enough, and I forgot where two of them are. I have made my mind up I am shed hunting at that property this year so that I can locate them. Talk about a waste of $$$
I'm in this camp. Try as I may to get everyone to write down game sightings, after the initial rush is over people get lax. On 400 acres with 15 deer, it's easy to lose interest, at least after the rut.

Re: Mainting Records of Cameras - 10/20/15 01:03 PM

thanks all! Im finally starting to see more bucks this year got an 8 and a 13/14 spotted a few times and several smaller and spikes in the area. Should be a good season!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum