Texas Hunting Forum

That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared

Posted By: Alim

That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:15 AM

Got him!!! This evening about sundown I saw him stick his head out of the edge of the woods about 100 yards away. He stared right at the feeder, but took his time walking over. All that time I've got flies biting me, things itching and nose twitching, but I held still. He came right to the feeder and this time he had his little brother with him. Deer a year younger, but definitely his kin, same messed up right antler. I thought this was a 5 point, but he had a 3 inch kicker on the back of the messed up right main beam.

20 yard shot, Ramcat broadhead. PSE Surge bow. 30 inch Beaman arrow. He jumped a barbed wire fence when he was hit, landed on his back, broke the arrow in two. It had penetrated both sides but the fletch end was still in him. Hit him high in the right lung, lower in the left lung. After he got to his feet again, he ran 40 yards, fell over, got back up and went a few more steps before hitting the ground for good. My first bow kill in nearly 25 years!! Pics to follow!!!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:18 AM

cheers
Posted By: txshntr

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:21 AM

Outstanding!!! Nothing like the rush, can't wait to see pictures cheers

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:21 AM

Posted By: dkershen

Congrats

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:23 AM

Posted By: texassippi

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:24 AM

cheers
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:27 AM

Your trying to say that deer has a 15" spread? Smh

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: dogdown23
Your trying to say that deer has a 15" spread? Smh

Not trying to. he did.

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:37 AM

Lol ok

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:39 AM

Be a little more believable if you showed the whole measurement instead of just one side. Regardless he needed to be killed.

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:39 AM

Originally Posted By: dogdown23
Lol ok

15 and 1/2 actually. I really don't like being called a liar.

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:42 AM

I stand corrected sir. Just didn't look near 15.5 pics can be deceiving. My apologies

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:43 AM

Apology accepted. Thanks. I was posting from my phone and didn't realize that pic only showed one side. Peace.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
cheers
Posted By: syncerus

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:44 AM

Indisputable visual evidence as they say in the NFL. I agree the first picture was ambiguous.

smile
Posted By: shadams

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:48 AM

Hell yea man! I am going out Sat AM....cant wait..
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:58 AM

That's awesome, congrats! You need a free beer for taking that deer out of the herd. Sorry you were called out, you can clearly see by the first two pics you were not trying to hide anything....

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: syncerus
Indisputable visual evidence as they say in the NFL. I agree the first picture was ambiguous.

smile

Yeah, that was my bad. Sorry guys.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 03:12 AM

And that deer is a Trophy! Awesome.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 09:56 AM

Congrats. up
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 11:19 AM

Congratulations. Nice bow buck.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 12:35 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 12:58 PM

nice bow buck, congratulations
Posted By: kry226

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Alim
Originally Posted By: syncerus

smile

Yeah, that was my bad. Sorry guys.

No need to be sorry. I didn't think for a second that you were trying to fool the forum. I took the pic at face value.

Congrats on the fine buck. up
Posted By: JKC

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 02:47 PM

up
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/16/15 06:31 PM

Congratulations! Great job of herd management
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/17/15 12:46 AM

Congrats!!!
Posted By: Bdontexoma

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/17/15 05:58 PM

Congrats on your first buck in a 1/4 of a century! lol

4 point, 6 point or 12 point they all get your heart beating when you let that arrow fly.
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/17/15 06:12 PM

Great kill. Congrats
Posted By: Western

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/17/15 06:38 PM

clap
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/17/15 11:39 PM

Congrats on a fine bow kill
Posted By: wtr

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/18/15 01:51 PM

Congrats
Posted By: TxYoteHunter

Re: That deer I couldn't scare away? He should have been scared - 10/21/15 01:45 AM

I've never tried hunting with a bow. I think that takes more patience than I have. Any bow kill is a plus in my book. My hat is off to all bow hunters. I'll stick with rifle hunts. "A man's got to know his limitations".
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum