Texas Hunting Forum

Age? To help learn how to judge them.

Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Age? To help learn how to judge them. - 10/10/15 12:26 AM

I think he is 2.5, am I far off? He is a really pretty 9 that in 2 years or so should be a big deer.

No idea why they loaded sideways sorry.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Age? To help learn how to judge them. - 10/10/15 12:34 AM

Think your 2.5 is accurate
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Age? To help learn how to judge them. - 10/10/15 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Think your 2.5 is accurate
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Age? To help learn how to judge them. - 10/10/15 03:25 AM

Larry Weishun, John Wooters and something like Smith & Johnson produced a video titled "Whitetails, Judging Trophies" in the early 90's. Best tutorial I've ever viewed on the subject. But virtually impossible to find. Call Los Cazadores headquarters in Pearsall and leave a msg for LW. He'd be the best source if the video is still available.

If not, there are books by Al Brothers and Mike Biggs that photographically chronicle the lives of numerous bucks. From their first year of life until they're fully mature to post mature.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Age? To help learn how to judge them. - 10/10/15 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

Larry Weishun, John Wooters and something like Smith & Johnson produced a video titled "Whitetails, Judging Trophies" in the early 90's. Best tutorial I've ever viewed on the subject. But virtually impossible to find. Call Los Cazadores headquarters in Pearsall and leave a msg for LW. He'd be the best source if the video is still available.

If not, there are books by Al Brothers and Mike Biggs that photographically chronicle the lives of numerous bucks. From their first year of life until they're fully mature to post mature.

Ditto this - I had all of these at one time and studied them hard - not sure what I did with all of them but they are classics
Posted By: allterrain

Re: Age? To help learn how to judge them. - 10/10/15 12:38 PM

Looks 2.5 to me. This page has really helped me to field age a deer.

http://www.1atexasdeerhunting.com/bodyagingdeer.htm
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum