Texas Hunting Forum

No Activity Yet???

Posted By: KnoxCityNate

No Activity Yet??? - 09/29/15 02:54 AM

I've had corn out for almost 4 weeks now and I've seen nothing on Camera. I added a water trough yesterday to see if that helps. I'm in Knox County could it be a little bit to warm still?
Posted By: 2012hvt

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/29/15 03:07 AM

Not trying to be a downer, but I was raised in Knox county, and if you haven't had any activity in 4 weeks, you are in the wrong location. Deer in that area can be pretty spotty. Just remember that you can't move deer with corn. Re-evaluate your sign and stay after em!

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/29/15 10:49 AM

I had good movement last year, I'm hoping maybe the weather being so warm is keeping them closer to the river for now.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/29/15 11:27 AM

Corn still on the ground? Any tracks? Seen any sign anywhere else? No pics at all of coons or pigs either?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/29/15 12:02 PM

Mesquite Beans?

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/29/15 12:30 PM

Hard to see tracks no dirt ground all grass. Yes raccoons are eating some corn at night, and a few hogs maybe 1 or 2. On Sunday I got out there and put up a hog fence and put out a water trough so maybe the water will help to bring them in. Last week I had one picture of one doe, but she didn't stick around to eat anything.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/29/15 02:09 PM

Still warm. Movement is slow. Give it a month. The rut will bring 'em in.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/29/15 08:34 PM

Try a molasses/ cane sugar lick from a feed store or even the pricier hunting brand ones with corn and other stuff in there, you can even make them yourself. They will keep deer around.

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/30/15 01:47 AM

I'll give that a try MoBetta
Posted By: Auctioneer1

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 09/30/15 01:51 AM

They still have a lot to eat not hitting feeders is pretty common if it's still green.
Posted By: joeycoates

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 10/02/15 04:59 PM

We still have a LOT of acorns on the ground where I am in Cherokee county. As such they simply have not been very interested in the feeders yet so I put a pop up blind a little ways off from a huge white oak last weekend. If they will not come to me then I will go to them...
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 10/02/15 05:14 PM

Set up your camera at the nearest water source.

This will tell you what you have to hunt. It will take them a while to find the trough you put out.

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 10/22/15 02:36 AM

Looks like they finally found my feeder. Coming everyday now.
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 10/22/15 02:40 AM

Same here, the wemens are liking the corn here too!!!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 10/22/15 11:57 AM

cheers
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 10/22/15 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: 2012hvt
Just remember that you can't move deer with corn.

How do you figure? While I agree deer have home ranges, if you introduce a new food source that is not that far outside their home range, they will certainly add it to their travels.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: No Activity Yet??? - 10/22/15 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted By: 2012hvt
Just remember that you can't move deer with corn.

How do you figure? While I agree deer have home ranges, if you introduce a new food source that is not that far outside their home range, they will certainly add it to their travels.

I am glad that my neighbors deer do not read the THF. If so, I would not see many deer at my corn feeders or roads that I corn feed daily when hunting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum