Texas Hunting Forum

Last minute question

Posted By: redskeeter1020

Last minute question - 09/12/15 02:26 PM

Unfortunately, the lease I have only allows me to set up feeders this weekend in preparation of bow season. This is due to my owner not pulling his goats off the place where I hunt until now. My question is, is there any reason why I should spend more money and fill feeders with the mixed mineral stuff I've been seeing at Academy and Wal Mart as opposed to just regular corn? I understand the most important time to feed minerals is in the spring, and I wish I could feed all year, but my owner and his stupid goats wont allow it!
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 02:35 PM

just fill with corn, and throw a mineral block out. other stuff clogs up spin-feeders.
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 02:40 PM

Corn. If you throw it they will come
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 02:41 PM

Goats cant jump as high as deer. Build a 5ft high fence around your feeder.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 02:44 PM

Good luck.... id hate to have to hunt with my goats... ever since I put them in the 10acre pen I built not a single deer has stepped foot in there.. and they use to be moving through constantly

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 02:45 PM

Ohhhhh there wont be any goats... good deal a weekend its all you need I set up three feeders and stands Monday.. feed corn and a lot of it...
Posted By: rickym

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 02:53 PM

Just throw corn. Throw out a mineral block if you want. But again, throw corn. And lots of it
Posted By: redskeeter1020

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 03:02 PM

Thank yall for the advice. I've never done a mineral block. Any suggestions on where and what to get?

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 03:08 PM

Any block will work but if your wanting to use it for true minerals just get a powder base and put it on the ground.. id just stick with corn
Posted By: rickym

Re: Last minute question - 09/12/15 03:16 PM

Any sporting goods store that you would purchase hunting stuff at. Which ever one you want to use.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Last minute question - 09/13/15 01:03 AM

Are you sure it's goats and not sheep? Big difference from what I've heard.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum