Texas Hunting Forum

baiting road with corn question

Posted By: Swamped

baiting road with corn question - 08/25/15 11:14 PM

My question is when corning a road/trail into to where my blind is does it mater how I walk in and out from my blind. It would be my main route to my blind. I never done it but the road runs right into the left of my blind so im figuring why not. My feeder is placed in front of my blind.
Posted By: Western

Re: baiting road with corn question - 08/25/15 11:27 PM

I have done it and had to drive over it to get to a blind, after a little while, deer come in.

Also have corned ranch roads and deer would be all over it in the am and pm, that is with lease guys and oil and gas trucks on the roads half the day.

IDK if walking in and out would spook them more, I guess that depends
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: baiting road with corn question - 08/26/15 01:20 AM

Take note of prevailing winds, and corn upwind of your stand. Always hunt the wind. Good luck.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: baiting road with corn question - 08/26/15 01:26 AM

I use a road feeder and feed every blind starting first of Sept. I feed the blind I am going be hunting when I go out to sit. With a road feeder the deer will go the sound of it to find the corn. I have corn roads with a coffee can and bag of corn since the early 80's when we drove in a truck to hunt a blind. Just make it a point to corn every time you go so the deer will associate your scent or noise of vehicle with corn. Deer will be on corn sometimes before I can get into the blind in the mornings.
Posted By: Swamped

Re: baiting road with corn question - 08/26/15 02:29 AM

Thanks for the good info. This is my third season deer hunting so im still pretty green.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum