Texas Hunting Forum

So, the big buck dreams have officially begun after a big buck sighting last Sunday

Posted By: REALKILLER

So, the big buck dreams have officially begun after a big buck sighting last Sunday - 08/04/15 06:05 PM

I went hog hunting last Sunday and saw a big ol buck in velvet. He is a buck that Ive known about for 3 years. He is always in the same area during the hunting season making big rubs. My son found his 3 yr old set of sheds 3 seasons ago during the beginning of January, so lets see, maybe he is 6 now. Man I saw him in a thicket about a hundred yards away with a 3 year old buck. He is wide tall and has some minor junk on his horns. I guess this was enough to set my brain into big buck hunting mode, because the next night I was woken by a huge buck dream. It consist of a big field full of does and big bucks walking around and the one I was trying to get on looked like this picture. He had a dead buck head stuck to his horns hanging of the side. Needless to say I woke up from the excitement and the dream was over. My wife was up and said whats the matter, and I said they've started.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: So, the big buck dreams have officially begun after a big buck sighting last Sunday - 08/04/15 06:14 PM

He will be yours!

Re: So, the big buck dreams have officially begun after a big buck sighting last Sunday - 08/04/15 06:42 PM

I hope so, thanks
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: So, the big buck dreams have officially begun after a big buck sighting last Sunday - 08/04/15 06:58 PM

Gotta dream it before you can make it happen! Good luck!
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: So, the big buck dreams have officially begun after a big buck sighting last Sunday - 08/04/15 07:25 PM

Good luck, can't wait to see pics of him.

Re: So, the big buck dreams have officially begun after a big buck sighting last Sunday - 08/05/15 12:47 AM

Thanks, sure hope to see him again. Seeing him this early is cool. I think I saw him 2 months ago, but He was just starting to sprout some g2s. My math may be off on his age. The year that my son found his matching sheds he was 4 and the sheds were his 3 year old sheds from the season before, so he is probably 7 now. If I dont get him this season he will probably fall off on antler size. I will spend a lot more time with him now that we have made eye contact. I like it when they know Im there after them. It makes the contest more interesting and memorable. He looked like a big eight or ten with some weird forks and a 20 inch + spread. It was a brief sighting. happy3
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum